S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

RS4 mesh grille super cheap

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rav6370
Awesome thank you sir. Do we have any pics of it on an S4? guessing not since it has not shipped yet but figured i would ask.

Any idea on how much a body shop would charge to put this on? 100 bucks? And i am guessing if the audi rings can go on it that you can use the S4 emblem instead of the RS4 one provided with the kit.

Would hate to be called a RS4 poser :-)
The rs4 badge definitely comes off, I am unsure about putting our s4 badge back on it though.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed on the massdrop website that there are some new pictures of the chrome grill without the plastic on and it does look like a painted silver finish more then a chrome finish
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CHAUCH
I've noticed on the massdrop website that there are some new pictures of the chrome grill without the plastic on and it does look like a painted silver finish more then a chrome finish
From talking to them it is a painted silver finish and not chrome. It is the same finish on the OEM RS4 grill.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
The rs4 badge definitely comes off, I am unsure about putting our s4 badge back on it though.
I emailed them and said I should have no issues installing the stock S4 badge on the hc grille.

Originally Posted by CHAUCH
Originally Posted by RavinJetta
From talking to them it is a painted silver finish and not chrome. It is the same finish on the OEM RS4 grill.
I have emailed them and they confirmed that it is a chrome finish, NOT a satin/matte silver finish. Directly from their email reply:

The chrome finish is actually the standard reflective chrome, it might appears satin because those pictures were taken with the protective plastic wrap (very confusing…I know, we are getting our vendor to supply us with better pictures without the plastic wrap)
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yamanote
I have emailed them and they confirmed that it is a chrome finish, NOT a satin/matte silver finish. Directly from their email reply:
I retract the above statement: I now see that there are two additional images that show the satin surround grill and it looks like the previous email that I'd received was incorrect.

I've since emailed the MassDrop rep again and will post his response.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

if the chrome is indeed the rs4 style chrome then i dont know if i should get the black or the oem style one. if its the chrome like our current s4, then i'll get the black one.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Whats the price on this grill?
Sadly I just replaced my grey grill for the oem blacked out version - looks a ton better on the imola yellow. However this is the type of grill I've been looking to get since I first got the car.
As far as the whole a4 s4 rs4 look comments who really cares unless its your car. It's almost telling an owner of a 32 ford custom hot rod that his car looks stupid because he put a 450 chevy engine in it. It's a way to express yourself through your car. Although I've seen a ton of FAILS out there so be careful :P
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tom Feeney
Whats the price on this grill?
Sadly I just replaced my grey grill for the oem blacked out version - looks a ton better on the imola yellow. However this is the type of grill I've been looking to get since I first got the car.
As far as the whole a4 s4 rs4 look comments who really cares unless its your car. It's almost telling an owner of a 32 ford custom hot rod that his car looks stupid because he put a 450 chevy engine in it. It's a way to express yourself through your car. Although I've seen a ton of FAILS out there so be careful :P
It's quite the steal at 190 right now I believe. The group buy needs roughly 18 more people to purchase to drop the price down to 175+shipping. The original price on Ebay was $499.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not for 2013?

Looks like the 2013 S4 grill has sharper corners, and this wouldn't fit as a replacement. Is that correct?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dank
Looks like the 2013 S4 grill has sharper corners, and this wouldn't fit as a replacement. Is that correct?
def not for the facelift 2013+ S4. I bought one from a local guy here but its getting shipped from China. It's going to take about 4 weeks =\. But I paid $250 shipped.

Quick Reply: RS4 mesh grille super cheap