S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Quattrofest 2011 track footage

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clochner
Great points. That RS6 story is the exact type of scenario I fear. I did one track event this year, but I didn't push the car too hard b/c it was my first time on a track. Will definitely upgrade brake lines, fluid, and pads. Still indecisive, though, whether I want to drop a few thousand on the Stoptech BBK. I'm sure it would be worth it, but damn that's a lot of dough (esp. if I buy a set of dedicated track tires).

Yep, spendy, but totally worth it from just seeing how crazy-fast Scott was around the track. Way more important than the tune IMO, if you plan on tracking.

Even just doing lines and fluid, and running the stock pads was good for us, but every upgrade would certainly help for sure. Bigger rotors and better pads will help those fluids stay cooler. I stayed a bit slower on the Sunday down the straights just cause I was worried about the brakes. I'd have much rather gone faster ;-)
Old 11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Pedal feel and modulation is so much better with a BBK. You step on a firm pedal but you can dial in braking very minutely. Amazing. Andrew, you should test mine out next time you're down here...

That and the lower rotating mass is noticeable as well (accelerating and braking).

Just be sure to remove the metal dust shield...
Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK
Pedal feel and modulation is so much better with a BBK. You step on a firm pedal but you can dial in braking very minutely. Amazing. Andrew, you should test mine out next time you're down here...

That and the lower rotating mass is noticeable as well (accelerating and braking).

Just be sure to remove the metal dust shield...
Totally dude, I'd love that!

In return, I'll let you play with my headlamp washers and headlamp converters! LOL - only thing my car has that yours doesnt
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chestlock
Totally dude, I'd love that!

In return, I'll let you play with my headlamp washers and headlamp converters! LOL - only thing my car has that yours doesnt
LMAO!!!!!!

That's a good trade right there... :P
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

2nd the brake upgrade. Was completely stock, they held up fine, pedal never hit the floor but I was being careful coming off the straights. If it had been warmer out, would have been a different story (or if I had a beastly RS6). After brakes, some track tires then pulley/tune for me... Watch out Andrew, I'll be tailgating you on the straights and curves!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hah! That was awesome fun dude! Just roasted me in the corners!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great shots.

Scott, your brakes are def track tested. Blue and bronze are my favorite colors. Sadly, the "track blue" doesn't last long. My rotors are already boring "street silver" again

Gotta get me some Stoptech's as not having confidence in your brakes definitely takes the edge off the fun factor.

Andrew, your cleaned up exhaust tips look amazing, but nothing compares to the epic goose bomb pic, lol.

I think our S4's put up a great showing against some monster machinery, especially in the rain. Having a corner worker give the blue flag to a GT3 because there is "a faster car behind you" is