S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Presige vs. Loaded PP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Presige vs. Loaded PP

Sorry for posting something I'm sure you've covered numerous times.

I am considering a couple of S4 options. I've always thought I wanted a Prestige because of the push button start. But a dealer has the EXACT package I wanted, but it is a loaded PP. So, I guess it's not exact . It has Nav, rear camera, B&O, Sports RD, Magma/black interior and 19" wheels. The Nav, B&O and 19" wheels cost $4,400. Prestige is $6,300. What else for the $1,900 do you get besides the push button start? I think there is some side mirror dimming feature as well.

My decision is to compromise on a Prestige or to compromise by buying a Prestige w/o the interior color I want (this one has black Napa).

Which is the bigger compromise?

Need your thoughts! I'm getting close.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trip4VU
Sorry for posting something I'm sure you've covered numerous times.

I am considering a couple of S4 options. I've always thought I wanted a Prestige because of the push button start. But a dealer has the EXACT package I wanted, but it is a loaded PP. So, I guess it's not exact . It has Nav, rear camera, B&O, Sports RD, Magma/black interior and 19" wheels. The Nav, B&O and 19" wheels cost $4,400. Prestige is $6,300. What else for the $1,900 do you get besides the push button start? I think there is some side mirror dimming feature as well.

My decision is to compromise on a Prestige or to compromise by buying a Prestige w/o the interior color I want (this one has black Napa).

Which is the bigger compromise?

Need your thoughts! I'm getting close.

What you would be missing from the prestige package is the push to start, the auto-dimming side mirrors, seat memory and the option to get Audi Side Assist (checks your blind spots). I opted for P+ because I didn't need those options. It's up to you if you want those items.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Also, the optional ADS (more than just SD) requires Prestige package in USA.

The main things the P+ does not have;
Memory seats
Outside dimming mirrors
PushbuttonStart
rear window shade (option on Prestige)
ADS (option on Prestige)
side assist (option on Prestige)

Last edited by m444; 01-10-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m444
Also, the optional ADS (more than just SD) requires Prestige package in USA.

The main things the P+ does not have;
Memory seats
Outside dimming mirrors
rear window shade
PushbuttonStart
ADS (option on Prestige)
side assist (option on Prestige)
Isn't the rear shade an option too? Listed as the power rear shade with a $500ish price. Or is there a standard (on Prestige package) "manual" rear shade that I don't know about?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but with the absence of memory seats/mirrors, the right rearview mirror does not tilt when the car is in reverse.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by imolar
Isn't the rear shade an option too? Listed as the power rear shade with a $500ish price. Or is there a standard (on Prestige package) "manual" rear shade that I don't know about?
This is correct- you can configure the shade online in prem+ but can't actually order it without prestige.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a 2009 A4 prestige for a very short time before the dealer took it back. So I know the main differences. Thats why I did not get S4 prestige. I only wanted the tri spoke wheels, the BO Radio and NAV as far as Prestige options. The memory seats and pushbutton starter, PASS Assist Etc just wasnt worth the extra cash. For the money saved (with some $$$ left over) I got the sports diff package and the black/red magma seats, which is what i really liked that I did not have in my A4

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 01-10-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with loaded P+. Didn't want to pay for ADS (or have to pay to replace those dampers out of warranty), don't need Drive Assist, side dimming mirrors are pointless and with 15% tint, and don't need memory seats with myself as the only driver. Advanced key would have been nice, but not worth it for the price. Chose to put that money toward an Audi Exclusive color instead and don't regret it a bit.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Prestige also has memory seats as well. I think the Prestige is priced about a $1000 too high. The advanced key use to be $550 on the A6's, but that was 6 years ago.

The Prestige was worth it for me and I opted for it on my avant. I really like the advanced key and exterior dimming mirrors as well. I can't stand driving with people lights blinding me in my mirrors.

One of my favorive new features is the side assist. It's an extra $500, but I'm hooked on it and don't think I can ever have another Audi w/o the side assist.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
I went with loaded P+. Didn't want to pay for ADS (or have to pay to replace those dampers out of warranty), don't need Drive Assist, side dimming mirrors are pointless and with 15% tint, and don't need memory seats with myself as the only driver. Advanced key would have been nice, but not worth it for the price. Chose to put that money toward an Audi Exclusive color instead and don't regret it a bit.
And not to rob this thread...... but where are all your pics!!!! Besides the one you posted sitting at the dealer

Quick Reply: Presige vs. Loaded PP