S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Picked Up new S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Picked Up new S4

After 8 years of great time with my 2005 B6, I found a 2013 Prestige with almost all the options I would like to have, I got it at Invoice, with owner loyalty and an additinal $1000 lease rebate, it was a pretty good deal too.

I have inquired about rough idle on this forum, because of my experince with the 2 used B8 S4s I have test driven. And I was concerned about abrupt shift of the S tronic I read also in the forum. However, I got a lot of positive feedbacks from you guys too, which were very encouraging. In the end, I did not find any other car I want more than the new S4.

Just got the car late yesterday, have been busy at work today, and I spent quite a bit of time learning and setting up all the electronics gadgets, there has been limited drive so far but it has been great. The S tronic shifts were so prompt and smooth. The engine feels a bit tight and not as fast as the used S4s I have driven, but that is kind of expected for such a new car with less than 50 miles on the odometer.

The first thing I need to decide now is what to do with the front license plate holder, I would like to know if there is a front grill piece that I can buy to replace it, please advise! On the other hand, I may just install the license plate when I have it, I have gone without it on the B6, but I am not sure if I can still get away with it nowadays.
Attached Images   

Last edited by WENR; 03-30-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WENR
After 8 years of great time with my 2005 B5, I found a 2013 Prestige with almost all the options I would like to have, I got it at Invoice, with owner loyalty and an additinal $1000 lease rebate, it was a pretty good deal too.
Congratulation.
Is yours in monsoon gray ? The car in the photo looks very sharp.
I have one on order in the same color which is scheduled to be delivered at the end of May. I absolutely agree S4 is the best sport sedan in the market. Have fun driving your new ride.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations! I agree...what a beautiful color. Sounds like a great deal as well.

I have seen the no license grille for 2012 and earlier S4's, but not yet for the 2013 models.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the new car.

So far, there are no kits to delete or cover the license plate frame that I'm aware of. I've seen photos of cars that have had the plate removed and black plugs inserted but I think most look pretty cheesy. I'm contemplating the same thing and when I do I think I'll fill the holes with epoxy, lightly sand it smooth, then use plasti-dip to spray that section and cover the holes or spray the entire grill and peel the rings and silver highlights. As near as I can tell, that's probably the best option right now. Hopefully, someone will release an RS4 grille that fits our cars and this will no longer be an issue.

Mike
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

May I ask what kind of lease deal you got? money down, miles, monthly payment.

I've seen dealers advertising $599 on select models with $3k down.

I'm debating on trading my A3 in early so I can get back in an S4
Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clau
Congratulation.
Is yours in monsoon gray ? The car in the photo looks very sharp.
I have one on order in the same color which is scheduled to be delivered at the end of May. I absolutely agree S4 is the best sport sedan in the market. Have fun driving your new ride.
Thanks!

Yes, it is a Monsoon gray with black nappa leather. The exact combination if I were to order it.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Grmick, Mcoomer, AzWilcat,

Thanks for info on the front lincense plate option---or the lack thereof.

It looks like I have no choice but install the front license plate until there are more options.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love the color! Congrats on the new car. Enjoy!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wondering if there is a simplier way to change the driving mode from Auto to Dynamic without going into MMi setting?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WENR
Wondering if there is a simplier way to change the driving mode from Auto to Dynamic without going into MMi setting?
This thread may have the answer

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2844721

Quick Reply: Picked Up new S4