S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ordered a 2010 S4 Brilliant Red, listed as Premium Plus, but is it a Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, but I love my Red interior with the carbon fiber inlays.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got my S4 this morning! Definitely a Prestige - the window sticker said Prestige, even though the internet listing said Premium Plus. Guess the dealership had no idea what they had or what the price difference was.

It has the dimming mirror with compass, side dimming, heated mirrors, memory seats, start button, and I believe it has the Sports Differential too (saw that on a screen about setting up the ADS)!

No backup camera on the navigation though, which is the only downer. But totally loving the car and need to read the manual to figure out some of this stuff...

Name:  IMAG0207(1).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0209.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  53.8 KB
Attached Images    
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats. Looks like you got yourself a bonus.

I believe you should have the backup cam. Note that there was a shortage of backup cameras a while back (Japanese tsunami??)

There were a series of cars were delivered without them and they could be dealer installed once the supply caught up. You may want to check with a dealer to see if yours was one of those. You may get one for free.

Edit: didn't realize you got a 2010. Backup camera shortage was 2012

Last edited by LeoR604; 01-13-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't get your hopes up...I don't think that is true about the backup camera for your 2010 S4. I believe that happened on early 2012 S4s made in 2011.

OP...so are you happy with the condition?

If you want to confirm that you have Sport Rear Diff...look on your center console right above the driver temperature control ****. If you see a series of four buttons (e.g. comfort, dynamic, individual, etc), you have the Sport Rear Diff. If you go into the MMI and have the ability to customize the suspension, then you also have a full ADS. The full ADS was like 3x the price so you might not have that.

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Don't get your hopes up...I don't think that is true about the backup camera for your 2010 S4. I believe that happened on early 2012 S4s made in 2011.

OP...so are you happy with the condition?

If you want to confirm that you have Sport Rear Diff...look on your center console right above the driver temperature control ****. If you see a series of four buttons (e.g. comfort, dynamic, individual, etc), you have the Sport Rear Diff. If you go into the MMI and have the ability to customize the suspension, then you also have a full ADS. The full ADS was like 3x the price so you might not have that.

Good luck!
Yeah, the car seems to be in perfect shape, so I'm really happy. The dealer forgot to put the paper license tags on it , so I've been driving it illegally yesterday (should get them today). Probably not a good idea I already raced an M3 yesterday (and blew his doors off (last generation or so, but still...))

There's also no bracket on the front grille for a license plate (required in Virginia), so I need to go to an audi dealer to get something for that.

I definitely don't have the backup camera even though it does have navigation. I am surprised it didn't at least have backup and forward audio parking sensors. It that something that can be added?

I do have the ADS controls on my dash over the temp controls, so I guess I do have the Sports Differential, which I'm thrilled to find out! Not sure about the full ADS. I'll have to look at the settings today,...

It's fun exploring all the stuff this car has!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks sharp, congrats on the new purchase....
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doobs41378
Looks sharp, congrats on the new purchase....
Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Congrats and have fun with your S4!

Plate holders are around $93 (black) or $99 (platinum gray) at ECS ... scroll down here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...xterior/Body/3

While you're there, note that they also have the supercharged badges (red or carbon fiber) ...

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...terior/Emblem/
Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LYKUNO
Congrats and have fun with your S4!

Plate holders are around $93 (black) or $99 (platinum gray) at ECS ... scroll down here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...xterior/Body/3

While you're there, note that they also have the supercharged badges (red or carbon fiber) ...

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...terior/Emblem/
Thanks. I got the front grille bracket at the dealership yesterday ($195, ouch!).

How much would the dealer charge to put on the Supercharged badges, as I definitely want that?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

get them yourself for 40 bucks and use dental floss + hair dryer + goo gone

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2010 S4 Brilliant Red, listed as Premium Plus, but is it a Prestige?