S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

OEM TUNING S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM TUNING S4

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does Audi provide OEM tuning for the 3.0 Supercharder V6 in the S4? Someone is telling me that Audi is offering a factory tune with a full warranty, which I find very hard to believe.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gatoman39
Sorry if this has been covered before, but does Audi provide OEM tuning for the 3.0 Supercharder V6 in the S4? Someone is telling me that Audi is offering a factory tune with a full warranty, which I find very hard to believe.
No they don't... Stasis has a rebranded version of the APR 91 tune that they offer a "warranty" on but it is through them not AOA or Audi... Go with APR if you plan to get a tune...
Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

that's what I thought. I know some BMW dealers sell Dinan tunes out of their dealerships. Does anyone do this for Audi? How many different tuning options do I have. I've seen Stasis mentioned the most, but I want to make sure.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Stasis tunes are sold out of Audi dealerships as well. The warranty, however, is through Stasis.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatoman39
that's what I thought. I know some BMW dealers sell Dinan tunes out of their dealerships. Does anyone do this for Audi? How many different tuning options do I have. I've seen Stasis mentioned the most, but I want to make sure.
Yes Stasis. Stasis for Audi is the equivalent to Dinan for BMW. What primetime was say is that the stasis tune is actually the 91 APR tune rebranded.

You can do a search on this forum to see the pros and cons to choosing APR (91, 93, 100, valet, etc) and Stasis (warranty).
Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Stasis tunes are sold out of Audi dealerships as well. The warranty, however, is through Stasis.
As I understand it Dinan does the same.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Go with APR if you plan to get a tune...
This. Especially now that program-switching will be available soon!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

The search tool and a little effort can be a great resource and friend on this site.

=)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
The search tool and a little effort can be a great resource and friend on this site.

=)
I tried that first as I am a member of many sites, but when seaching:
"OEM Tune"
"Stasis"
"Tuning"
I got so many threads, it confused me more, that's why I prefaced the thread with an apology.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only games in town right now are APR and Stasis. APR offers more octane options and will offer program switching soon, while Stasis offers their own warranty that should cover you in the event Audi denies warranty coverage. As has been said, Stasis sources their tune from APR, and neither has produced any detrimental effects.

There are gaps introduced anytime you're depending on multiple sources for warranty coverage unless the language in the secondary warranty contract is very explicit, so be aware of that as there is a small chance that in the unlikely event of a failure you could be left holding the bag while Stasis and Audi fight it out as to who is responsible.

There is also a very expensive piggyback sold by MTM or ABT, and possibly a few others, that has questionable effectiveness.

Quick Reply: OEM TUNING S4