S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New S4...Dr. says I have an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S4...Dr. says I have an addiction

Hi all,

New to the forum, but not to Audi. Just traded in my '10 TT coupe for a '12 S4 - black on black w/ alcantara, carbon inlays, B&O, advanced key, and sport differential. It's been on my bucket list for quite some time to get an S4 and by all means, it's exceeding all my expectations. Coming from the TT, it's an entirely different animal. The low-end torque is intoxicating and quite different from the TT, where one needs to wind the engine up to have fun.

This is my third Audi and the dealer gave me quite a deal on trading in the TT after only 18 months. All in all, including trade-in credit, loyalty bonus, and a negotiated price of a little over invoice, I got about $9k under MSRP. Incidentally, they are now selling it for more than what I bought it for back in 2010. My better half, who happens to be a clinical psychologist, informed me that my addiction to cars might exceed her patients' chemical addictions. But, hey, life's short.

Just got the windows tinted today. Will post pics this weekend after I give it good detailing.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congrats!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dave0
. But, hey, life's short.
Agree! What tint did you go with?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by s4auug
Agree! What tint did you go with?
Nothing crazy...35/20 ceramic. Dealer threw it in for free along with a rear seat cover for the dog.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing crazy...35/20 ceramic. Dealer threw it in for free along with a rear seat cover for the dog.
Congrats on your purchase. Did you buy from one of the two Penske dealers in the Phoenix area? If so, it was most likely Suntek tint (Penske is now part owner of Suntek) so it isn't ceramic, even though they say it is. Can't beat free in any case.

Do you notice any pinkish cast to the tint when you're in the car looking out? That's one of the complaints I saw on a tint forum about the Suntek, and some of the tint people stopped using it because of that.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watch out . Wife might have you committed to the Spartansburg BMW factory and track.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by EF99
Congrats on your purchase. Did you buy from one of the two Penske dealers in the Phoenix area? If so, it was most likely Suntek tint (Penske is now part owner of Suntek) so it isn't ceramic, even though they say it is. Can't beat free in any case.

Do you notice any pinkish cast to the tint when you're in the car looking out? That's one of the complaints I saw on a tint forum about the Suntek, and some of the tint people stopped using it because of that.
Yes, bought it at Audi North Scottsdale. Didn't know that the tint wasn't ceramic, but, oh well, can't complain when it's free. Had my previous TT tinted there as well and it did have this pearlescent swirl effect on the front windows, but the real quarter and hatchback windows were 5% and quite dark. So far, the S4 tint seems a little more true to black, but we'll see once they're fully cured.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,

New to the forum, but not to Audi. Just traded in my '10 TT coupe for a '12 S4 - black on black w/ alcantara, carbon inlays, B&O, advanced key, and sport differential. It's been on my bucket list for quite some time to get an S4 and by all means, it's exceeding all my expectations. Coming from the TT, it's an entirely different animal. The low-end torque is intoxicating and quite different from the TT, where one needs to wind the engine up to have fun.

This is my third Audi and the dealer gave me quite a deal on trading in the TT after only 18 months. All in all, including trade-in credit, loyalty bonus, and a negotiated price of a little over invoice, I got about $9k under MSRP. Incidentally, they are now selling it for more than what I bought it for back in 2010. My better half, who happens to be a clinical psychologist, informed me that my addiction to cars might exceed her patients' chemical addictions. But, hey, life's short.

Just got the windows tinted today. Will post pics this weekend after I give it good detailing.

Probably not reading this right but including your trade in value, loyalty bonus and discount you still paid MSRP - 9K?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by robertsalem
Probably not reading this right but including your trade in value, loyalty bonus and discount you still paid MSRP - 9K?
Yes, had about 20 months left on a 36 month lease for the TT. They got me out of the TT lease and gave me a trade in credit of a few grand, plus audi loyalty of $1500, and then $750 above invoice for the S4.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, you only live once, may as well enjoy it. What is it that they say... "you can't take it with you?"

Quick Reply: New S4...Dr. says I have an addiction