S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S4

My first post is a few months overdue as I picked up my S4 in late January. It is an Ibis White P+ with Nav, B&O, Titanium Package, Carbon Atlas, and Nappa.

Since then, I installed new pedals, a milltek non-res exhaust with ovals, and an AWE intake.

So far I have put 2000 miles on it and it has only been in the shop twice. Both times have been for the diff issue. The first time, it was misdiagnosed as "shipping agent". I assume this means the dealer thought my diff booked trips on cruises. Now that the TSB is out, it is currently in the shop awaiting diff parts from the fatherland.

I am not complaining much as I am currently rolling in a fully loaded loaner I affectionately refer to as the HMS Q7. Much like the cruise ships mentioned above, the HMS Q7 can seat 3500 and has enough torque to move 47000 tons.

All sarcasm aside, I enjoy the S4. It is agile, comfortable, and works well on the highway and in DC traffic. I should probably be more upset about the diff issues but I understand this is a little more complicated than a Ford 9".

Once it gets back from the shop, I plan on putting it through its paces by tackling one of the most challenging roads on the east coast.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You liked it so much you bought two huh?

Just kidding

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Congratulations!

Originally Posted by NOVA_Audi
My first post is a few months overdue as I picked up my S4 in late January. It is an Ibis White P+ with Nav, B&O, Titanium Package, Carbon Atlas, and Nappa.

Since then, I installed new pedals, a milltek non-res exhaust with ovals, and an AWE intake.

So far I have put 2000 miles on it and it has only been in the shop twice. Both times have been for the diff issue. The first time, it was misdiagnosed as "shipping agent". I assume this means the dealer thought my diff booked trips on cruises. Now that the TSB is out, it is currently in the shop awaiting diff parts from the fatherland.

I am not complaining much as I am currently rolling in a fully loaded loaner I affectionately refer to as the HMS Q7. Much like the cruise ships mentioned above, the HMS Q7 can seat 3500 and has enough torque to move 47000 tons.

All sarcasm aside, I enjoy the S4. It is agile, comfortable, and works well on the highway and in DC traffic. I should probably be more upset about the diff issues but I understand this is a little more complicated than a Ford 9".

Once it gets back from the shop, I plan on putting it through its paces by tackling one of the most challenging roads on the east coast.
I ordered the exact same as you. It's a MT w/ sports rear diff. Love the look. Should have it in a week. Currently in transit from port of Houston.

Congrats! She looks awesome!!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was torn between Phantom and Ibis. I could only find exactly what I wanted in Phantom so I took that route.
Still can't get over how f*cking nice white looks. Congrats!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Who in DC did you buy it from, and how are they treating you?

This exact model is on my list next year. Buying a new house this summer and then the new toy.

Charlie Miller in Silver Spring has been keeping me up to date with things.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

TSB for the diff? I hadn't heard that...
Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rainman86
TSB for the diff? I hadn't heard that...
Many 2011's with the Sport rear diff have had issues with oil leaks. It turned out to be improperly applied sealant.

There is an excellent writeup on page 6 of the link.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ak-Known-Issue
Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
Who in DC did you buy it from, and how are they treating you?

This exact model is on my list next year. Buying a new house this summer and then the new toy.

Charlie Miller in Silver Spring has been keeping me up to date with things.
Francis Scott Key (FSK) Audi.

I ordered my car so I could get exactly what I wanted. I called, emailed, or visited every Audi dealer from here to Charlotte. FSK gave me the best deal by far. The folk at Rockville Audi were nice but could not match the price. Other dealerships in the area were all too proud of the S4.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems strange that all these dealerships are asking more than MSRP. I know its a nice vehicle, but not that nice to pay above the going rate.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ha! You dont know what diff issues are (Or shall i say recurring diff issues) untily you have owned a C5 Corvette.

S4 is indeed a very agile sedan. I only have 400 miles on mine. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: New S4