S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New guy needs help (pricing)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gforaker
Another new/old guy here. I'm just starting the shopping and haven't picked a dealer yet, but am confused about the pricing. No, not a discount, just the price. I can go on to the Audi web site and build a car with a price shown. If I go to a dealer site and check inventory the price listed is 5 or 6 thousand higher. What gives? I know, I could call the dealer, but don't want to give them any info at this time. BTW, this is pretty much for all dealers. They are showing an S4 Prestige at $64,950 and no way I can get the build price that high. I suspect the build price does not show delivery, but that is under $1000.
Not sure why you are getting different numbers, but if you select all options, including adaptive cruise, it will get over $64K. If the options on the dealer lot are the same as the build, the price should be identical unless the dealer discounts on their web site.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I tried pricing the car by getting the Premium Plus and adding the options or getting the prestige. much cheaper getting the Prestige. That may explain it.

Best
Old 05-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just went back and picked a build with everything except the window blinds, which no dealer orders here in Ohio and am still $2000 under the price for a prestige on the dealer site. I guess I'll have to call and ask. Maybe they add undercoating and seat repellent like back in the '60's. BTW, I think these are cars in the dealer's supply chain, but not yet in his possession.

Speaking of what dealers stock here, it is very frustrating trying to find a manual transmission to test drive. Fewer than 10% seem to be manual. Given that no dealer has currently more than 3 S4 in stock, that is a problem. It is even worse for the A4. One dealer has 33 listed in stock and all are automatic.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
I tried pricing the car by getting the Premium Plus and adding the options or getting the prestige. much cheaper getting the Prestige. That may explain it.

Best
That brings up another question. I am seeming to find the opposite of what you said. The Prem Plus even with all of the packages and extra radio seems to be less than the Prestige. I know that the Prestige includes the adaptive Zenon lights that the Prem Plus can not have, but anything else?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just went back and picked a build with everything except the window blinds, which no dealer orders here in Ohio and am still $2000 under the price for a prestige on the dealer site. I guess I'll have to call and ask. Maybe they add undercoating and seat repellent like back in the '60's. BTW, I think these are cars in the dealer's supply chain, but not yet in his possession.

Speaking of what dealers stock here, it is very frustrating trying to find a manual transmission to test drive. Fewer than 10% seem to be manual. Given that no dealer has currently more than 3 S4 in stock, that is a problem. It is even worse for the A4. One dealer has 33 listed in stock and all are automatic.
I just built one for $64,750:
* Phantom Black, Prestige, DSG
* Layered wood / aluminum inlays
* 19" peelers
* Driver assistance pkg
* Sport diff and adaptive damping
* Sun shades
* Side air bags

Switch the paint to Estoril and you are over $65K and all this before destination charge. Also, the cars in inventory may have black optics pkg which is a little more than the 19" peelers and there are a few dealer installed options such as wheel locks and first aid kit that are not on the Audi site but they don't add up to much, certainly not thousands. Doesn't the dealer include all the options in their site?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

That brings up another question. I am seeming to find the opposite of what you said. The Prem Plus even with all of the packages and extra radio seems to be less than the Prestige. I know that the Prestige includes the adaptive Zenon lights that the Prem Plus can not have, but anything else?
I believe the only diff is the headlights and you can only get the driver assistance package (and maybe sunscreens) with Prestige.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
* 19" peelers
* Driver assistance pkg
* Sun shades
* Side air bags

Switch the paint to Estoril and you are over $65K and all this before destination charge. Also, the cars in inventory may have black optics pkg which is a little more than the 19" peelers and there are a few dealer installed options such as wheel locks and first aid kit that are not on the Audi site but they don't add up to much, certainly not thousands. Doesn't the dealer include all the options in their site?
Yeah, well, I guess it may be possible. Believe me though, the local dealers are definitely not ordering them that loaded. In fact, it is really tough finding a Prestige model since dealers seem to only want to stock the Premium Plus cars. The ones I saw the high prices for in the dealer supply chain do not show equipment or options.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
* 19" peelers
* Driver assistance pkg
* Sun shades
* Side air bags

Hello - Just keep in mind for 2015 everyone, no Phantom Black, No Sun Shades.

Btw, $2000 under MSRP for a 2014 is getting the hose. Honestly (down to the penny), I saved $3,839.40 USD. Mighty fine deal!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Another new/old guy here. I'm just starting the shopping and haven't picked a dealer yet, but am confused about the pricing. No, not a discount, just the price. I can go on to the Audi web site and build a car with a price shown. If I go to a dealer site and check inventory the price listed is 5 or 6 thousand higher. What gives? I know, I could call the dealer, but don't want to give them any info at this time. BTW, this is pretty much for all dealers. They are showing an S4 Prestige at $64,950 and no way I can get the build price that high. I suspect the build price does not show delivery, but that is under $1000.
I ran into a similar problem last year when I built the car on audiusa.com and checked out inventory at local dealerships. I realized when I contacted them that they listed their S4's as Premium Plus but in fact those were Prestige trims and you can get them towards $65k fully loaded.

All the best!