S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Need Help picking my AWE Exhaust ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help picking my AWE Exhaust ! ! ! !

Ok, here is the deal, I know you guys know your stuff when it comes to these Exhausts, so I am looking for some help, leaning on you guys. I want to purchase an AWE Exhaust, but when I am on the website I get the model and the part numbers, but no damn pictures to go with them, WTF? So to all you guys that have purchased from AWE, can you please tell me about the model exhaust you got and maybe post a picture or two? I would greatly appreciate any help, since I want to make this purchase ASAP.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Ok, here is the deal, I know you guys know your stuff when it comes to these Exhausts, so I am looking for some help, leaning on you guys. I want to purchase an AWE Exhaust, but when I am on the website I get the model and the part numbers, but no damn pictures to go with them, WTF? So to all you guys that have purchased from AWE, can you please tell me about the model exhaust you got and maybe post a picture or two? I would greatly appreciate any help, since I want to make this purchase ASAP.
I'm only aware of one AWE exhaust for the B8/B8.5 S4. You can get to that page here.

You do have options you can select for your exhaust. Pick the style you want ($1699 -> $1799).

1.) Quad tips Polished Silver
2.) Quad tips Diamond Black
3.) Oval Tips Diamond Black

Next options: ($0 -> $799 -> $999)
1.) Resonated downpipes
2.) non-resonating downpipes
3.) Don't pick either and use the downpipes on your S4 (also known as OEM downpipes).

They sell the combinations above in packaged kits. It's up to you which options you want. If you have a DSG transmission it's highly recommended to get the AWE Exhaust with the resonated downpipes otherwise you'll have drone from the exhaust. The resonated downpipes will cancel out the drone, yet still leave you with a sweet sound. If you want the loudest most awesome exhaust sound you can get, choose the non-resonated downpipes. If you want to try somewhere in-between, use the OEM downpipes.

I chose the Quad tip polished silver and I'm going to use my OEM downpipes on my S4 because I have a 6MT transmission. I purchased mine from Alex at TAG Motorsports if you want to try giving him a call for a quote. It shipped directly from AWE to my house even though I bought it from TAG. It's still sitting in the box in my living room as I'm awaiting the garage to have time to get it installed for me.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome selection...

I added the AWE Diamond Black Tips, cat-back exhaust, in Sept '12, on a 1 yr old MY12 S4, with a 6 speed manual. Used OEM downpipes..ordered from AWE (took 2 months)for $1785 total...install labor was $142.

Previously had a Dinan 540 stage 1 with Dinan exhaust. This exhaust is a little louder then that, but not teenage obnoxious. I get more positive looks and comments with this exhaust then I ever have....am very happy. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, Handruin really summed everything up perfectly. If you have any questions or picture requests, I will be more than happy to help you out.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another thing I like is that the exhaust has a lifetime warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong Will...but I like that AWE also offers the option that if I buy the AWE exhaust without the downpipes that you give each of us 1 year to purchase the downpipes at the price that would have normally been part of the package price. This way I can try the exhaust with my OEM downpipes and if the drone/sound isn't working for me I can add on the resonated downpipes later provided I show proof of purchase from a valid AWE exhaust distributor. This way I don't pay the full price of the DPs giving me the ability to get the discount from the packaged price at a later date of up to 1 year. This gives me a decent amount of time to try the exhaust and have it break in a bit to see if I like the sound with the OEM DPs.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Again, 100% correct.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well since I don't have a stick, I will be purchasing the whole package, I read that is the recommendation, I will be going with that. Is there a certain time of the year where there are sales? Anyone know? My Titanium Rims should be here pretty soon, went with the Michelin Pilot Sports, should look half way descent. I will be looking to sell the other rims shortly after.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes go with the resonated downpipes for your Stronic. I had this setup on my 10 and now 13 S4. One of the reasons I purchased another S was the transfer of the exhaust and PSS10's. Anyway I went with the black oval tip. Kinda looks like an RS. Anyway. You will love it and so will Exxon as you'll be winding her out to ear that beautiful sound.

Last edited by seinsmeld13; 03-30-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

[QUOTE=pepsiguy;24425733]Well since I don't have a stick, I will be purchasing the whole package, I read that is the recommendation, I will be going with that. Is there a certain time of the year where there are sales? Anyone know? My Titanium Rims should be here pretty soon, went with the Michelin Pilot Sports, should look half way descent. I will be looking to sell the other rims shortly after.[/QUOTE

You are going to love it. I am unsure of when we will have a special pricing event on AWE Tuning hardware before the December Holiday promotion.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Well since I don't have a stick, I will be purchasing the whole package, I read that is the recommendation, I will be going with that. Is there a certain time of the year where there are sales? Anyone know? My Titanium Rims should be here pretty soon, went with the Michelin Pilot Sports, should look half way descent. I will be looking to sell the other rims shortly after.
I believe you missed the last round of promotional discounts. Contact Alex at TAG and see if he will work with you. That's where I recently purchased mine and was still able to get the last discount they offered. That may have ended by now as I ordered mine at the end of February. It's at least worth a call.

Quick Reply: Need Help picking my AWE Exhaust ! ! ! !