S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your kidding right? APR fanboys are the most maniacal and venomous e-nerds to ever type on a keyboard!!
So I am right,you have never tuned a car. Well et me tell you again,as someone that has tuned many FI cars and have accomplished over 250bhp/liter,that I have a "understanding of how things work" more in real life vs. just reading on the web about things.
How would a engine even run with no ignition/ignition before fuel.
By making trying to mke me sound stupid,your ignorance shines through.
In the US we don't have the true "stratified" lean burn motors,only Europe has them setup that way,we have the direct injection but it is not set up the same way the European cars are,atleat in the 2.0FSI motors that is the cse,S4 I do not know if it is teh same as EU.
Due to pressure & heat causing auto-ignition,fuel is injected before TDC so there is nothing to combust--capiche??
The reason the fuel is sent as such high pressures is to be able to have the fuel actually inject against the high cylinder pressures produced at near TDC,the fuel stratification,if present is another byproduct of high pressure injection,but I am sure you already know that since you have Vag-com and can log,right? If you have Vag-com you know everything,I have 2 so I must know lots!!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I'm pretty the anti-APR guys are the most "maniacal and venomous e-nerds to ever type on a keyboard!!"...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

While I'm struggling to read your nightmare above, and I don't want to get into a tuning resume pissing contest because that was a hobby for me only, a long time ago.

I can discuss at length preignition, detonation, turbulence at the flame front, stratified charge if you like. I enjoy it, its irrelevant that I'm an engineer.

But let's reread what you said again.

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
...however FI cars on these high compression ratios is also a lot different than cars of past.
Since these cars ar DI=DIRECT INJECTION,you can start ignition timing early,yet since there is no fuel in the combustion chamber much before TDC,there is nothing to combust,therefore no detonation/pre-ignition,since injection is timed at right before TDC,so maybe REVO has figured out a way to time these events strategically and make more power than APR and that is what people want right?
Start ignition timing early with no fuel in the chamber. We're not in a diesel forum. Enough said.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you one of the guys that "engineered" that bridge in China? You know the one that just fell down?
I am talking about being able to time injection and ignition events at the same time. So what if they time at 40deg. BTDC,if the fuel charge is there at the same time with the ignition then how can there be "pre-ignition" mr. "engineer". That is the problem with engineers they think they know it all.
You did not even know that the reason for high injection pressure is to have the fuel inject AGAINST cylinder compression pressure. The true statified lean burn motors inject 2X or more in a cycle,we don't have these here as far as I know of.
I won't argue with you about "engineering" but you are not a powertrain engineer,so quit thinking your Vag-com logging expertise and general "know-it-allness is relevant in a car-gument.
The whole point that you are trying to warp is,WHERE ARE ALL OF THE POPPED REVO MOTORS that 40deg. btdc is causing?
I really would liek to know,since it is WRONG to post that stuff with no proof,it is very APR-fanboyish,don't you think?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can see where my post you quoted is "lost in translation". I willmake it simple enough for a engineer to understand.
1.Port injection=fuel present during intake & compression stroke,if there is enough heat/pressure the fuel will auto-ignite/pre-ignition or if there are pockets of fuel scattered everywhere you can have colliding flamefronts/detonation.
2.DI, you can inject fuel at any time during the compression stroke,even 40deg. BTDC and when the fuel is ignited via spark ignition it will not have any chance for pre-igintion since there was no fuel present much before ignition is initiated. Now maybe some are scared of peak cylinder pressures being at the wrong point in the combustion cycle,but if that was the case,you would think there ould be a drastic loss in power due to mis-timed engine events,but teh reality is REVO cars make gobs of power,more than APR,with just software.
As stated before,these have cast pistons with a steel insert/and cast rods (???) I sure hoe the crank is atleast forged!! These motors should be prime for failures left and right with "bad software"....I just don;t see it happening with any proof. All I see are subjective coments about "too much timing" from "armchair engineers".....you might as well say" there is too high of a compression ratio" for a forced induction car while you are at it since that is all it is =opinion!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think this can go for both REVO and APR tunes in regards to blown motors ...
"The absence of evidence is not evidence for absence."

FWIW, us STaSIS owners technically don't need to be too concerned about the tune because of the warranty STaSIS offers. I hope that REVO/STaSIS aren't be going overly aggressive with their tune knowing that they can be responsible for a blown motor.

Primetime, is it true that your track has a 1.3% decline?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
1. no REVO car has had as many mods on their car as your car
2. no REVO car has run pure race gas for an extended phase the way your car has
3. no REVO car has run at the strip by a driver with as much experience as you
4. your dragstrip is 1.3% downhill...that helps time A LOT as tsivas will surely attest (after comparing some flat runs to downhill runs)

Those are 4 pretty big reasons.

As for REVO, they are certainly playing with fire, have blown at least one motor local to me thanks to RETARDED parameters, and have had 2-3 other customers experience catastrophic motor failure. We need all the facts on those, but having discussed the parameters with the owner of the local motor that failed, I am pretty comfortable saying they mapped it for a perfect world scenario (amazing gas, super cool temps, full modlist to support running edge-of-the-knife parameters) and didn't protect the customer in case an instance presented itself when those conditions weren't able to be met. Simple as that.
1. That is not my fault... run what you brung...
2. Again not my fault/problem...
3. Come on, Auditude is the man...
4. I have ran there the entire time I have posted results... It's a horrible track, relatively high elevation, no prep, but sligtly downhill... I'll hit another track just for you... TMP is 630 and thompson 1230... What's the slope on TMP?

My ? was some what rhetorical based on who I was replying to... I am well aware of said revo car...
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TinS5
Primetime, is it true that your track has a 1.3% decline?
Yes... My car is probably low 13's at best... Lol... What's the slope on your track?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Yes... My car is probably low 13's at best... Lol... What's the slope on your track?
No need for the sarcasm. I don't know what mine is, how would I find out? I always assumed that all drag strips would be 100% flat... otherwise the times would be falsely low
Old 08-28-2012, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

As someone that has dragraced for years,I can say that its ot easy to get 4 door sedan in the 11's so Primetime should get the respect/props that is due,whatever way he achieved it,however as time goes by there will be other upgrades out there and we will see "what happens".
TinS5,thatis what I am talking about...there is no proof of any "blown motors" by anybody.....that is like saying,man I hope those potholes I haven't hit yet don't pop my tires.

Quick Reply: My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)