S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See I think we should name names. This is a public forum that is supposed to benefit members who may not have all the info. So let's just get everything out in the open. :-D
Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Aren't you a lawyer? Lol I think I've said enough...:-)
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 596 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by ilspazzaneve
Are you kidding me? Read what you wrote. You are saying you can spark the ignition before the fuel is injected, then inject the fuel afterwards? And this non-diesel engine will work? WTF are you talking about?
I think he's saying that since the fuel isn't injected until the very final moments of the compression stroke you don't need to worry about predetonation as much since there will be no fuel to predetonated during most of the compression stroke.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nah, read what he wrote again. Spark then fuel later on. He wasn't talking out of his mouth, if you know what I mean.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by primetime
As far as Revo "figuring out a way to to time these events strategically and make more power", they are simply running more timing than anyone and disabling the safeguards such as timing retard and requested boost, but since you are an expert you probably already know that? Also, if they have all of these secrets figured out how come their tuned cars run slower than my car?
1. no REVO car has had as many mods on their car as your car
2. no REVO car has run pure race gas for an extended phase the way your car has
3. no REVO car has run at the strip by a driver with as much experience as you
4. your dragstrip is 1.3% downhill...that helps time A LOT as tsivas will surely attest (after comparing some flat runs to downhill runs)

Those are 4 pretty big reasons.

As for REVO, they are certainly playing with fire, have blown at least one motor local to me thanks to RETARDED parameters, and have had 2-3 other customers experience catastrophic motor failure. We need all the facts on those, but having discussed the parameters with the owner of the local motor that failed, I am pretty comfortable saying they mapped it for a perfect world scenario (amazing gas, super cool temps, full modlist to support running edge-of-the-knife parameters) and didn't protect the customer in case an instance presented itself when those conditions weren't able to be met. Simple as that.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

i'm surprised big turbo tt tunes his car since he doesn't even get MMI due to some retarded reliability-phobia
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ilspazzanve..have YOU ever tuned a car? I was talking about DI being able to have injection timing timed with ignition,that is how FI DI crs can run such high compression ratios. how can you have knock when there is no fuel to cause it? Tell me that one genius.
I have been in the FI game since when FI cars were 7 & 8:1 compression ratio,but some here think that because they can log on Vag-com they are tuning experts.Please setup a EFI system to start/idle/cruise/make good power & economy and get back to me.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As for the REVO blown motors,I have yet to see any proof from the owners ofthe cars...I mean I would be pretty pissed and squwking about it everywhere if it were me,and I KNOW if the APR fanboys got a hold of it there would be numerous gifs made about it..I just don;t see the actual proof yet.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
ilspazzanve..have YOU ever tuned a car? I was talking about DI being able to have injection timing timed with ignition,that is how FI DI crs can run such high compression ratios. how can you have knock when there is no fuel to cause it? Tell me that one genius.
I have been in the FI game since when FI cars were 7 & 8:1 compression ratio,but some here think that because they can log on Vag-com they are tuning experts.Please setup a EFI system to start/idle/cruise/make good power & economy and get back to me.
I am in no way a 'tuner' but I had no problems with PGMFI tuning back in the day, doing the calculations (and some assumptions) for VE and coming up with a base map for fuel and ignition, and yes, as you mention, getting it to start and idle, working on the vacuum part of the maps, fuel enrichment and ignition advance maps during the car warm-up, using a wideband to do part-throttle tuning, throttle tip-in enrichment, and then tuning at WOT, blah blah. Even back in the day it wasn't rocket science.

What you said then, and said again, is you spark without fuel. That's how you get no knock, because the fuel isn't ignited? That is, ummm, let's say dumb. Just man up and admit your wrote a pile of baloney to argue with people, and leave it at that.

The reason DI works so well and can cope with high compression is that the fuel is injected at high pressures, and thus VERY finely atomized, plus it doesn't hit the back of an intake valve on the way in. All these leads to increased fuel stratification, which is what everyone wants to achieve, because it leads to a very soft and forgiving combustion event. You do know what FSI stands for, right?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
As for the REVO blown motors,I have yet to see any proof from the owners ofthe cars...I mean I would be pretty pissed and squwking about it everywhere if it were me,and I KNOW if the APR fanboys got a hold of it there would be numerous gifs made about it..I just don;t see the actual proof yet.
Maybe a lot of us APR owners (and others too) have a lot more class than to drag their dirty laundry all over the forums. You could learn something.

Quick Reply: My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)