S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnz
Are you sure you were lied to? If you ordered in May and the dealer had an alotment chances are good your car will be here in August. A lot depends on if your car is scheduled and produced before any factory vacation breaks in the summer. The dealer really has no control over this. you haven't told us where you are located or what dealer you are using. I'm not trying to defend the dealer but expecting compensation if your car isn't here when you think it should be? get real.
I dont want to call out the dealership just yet. I was told before they took my deposit, they had cars in the bank queue they could change and i would get the first shipment, then after hearing nothing at all, i asked for the commission number, was told on two different occasions to check back in a few weeks, when ppl on here were getting it the same day....weird.

I tell them im cancelling my order in a week if i dont get my information, next day they dont answer my questions but send me the Com num. and say sep delivery.

then i went on the waterfest website, and saw a link to their site. CLicked it and came to find they have a 2011 s4 in their inventory. all sounds very weird does it not?

So how much more real should i get? im not bashing the dealership just asking what i should do, does not seem right that they took a large deposit without even checking my credit...but cant deliver on their july aug delivery....maybe its me.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

It sounds to me like a classic bait and switch, especially with the knowledge that you put down a sizable down payment. Which dealership was it again, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

im thinking the same thing someone over their maybe not my SA but someone else figured hey lets get the first batch and make atleast 2k more on someone who doesnt know how to negociate, and the next order will be his. But then they should not have said anything to me.

AWC i pmed you, as i said im not trying to knock anyone because they havnt screwed me or anything, just annoying but what do you expect from car dealers.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hope your oral skills are better than your written skills. No offense.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Legacykid
As some may know i went to order a car back in the end of may, and am just finding out that im getting my car in sep, when i was told im getting one of the first S4s, and it would be in july or begining of aug the latest.

checking out some links i came across the dealers website to find they have an 2011 S4 on their lot right now. Could this have been the order they planned on changing so i could get my car? hmmm

Anyway, what can i do, what should i do? I am out of a car, and some of you know its a hassle. should they throw something in should inform certain parties of this...

Idk
I was told by my local dealer that the first few cars that come in for a model year are not customizable and do not take up a allocation. AoA just sends the vehicle to the Dealer however AoA decides to send them. Don't know if that is true or if it varies by the size of the Dealer or etc. In my case, my ordered 2010 was the first 2010 S4 the dealer received but it did not come in until Sept 2009.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Xavas
I hope your oral skills are better than your written skills. No offense.
I love people like you
Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AlA4
I was told by my local dealer that the first few cars that come in for a model year are not customizable and do not take up a allocation. AoA just sends the vehicle to the Dealer however AoA decides to send them. Don't know if that is true or if it varies by the size of the Dealer or etc. In my case, my ordered 2010 was the first 2010 S4 the dealer received but it did not come in until Sept 2009.
All i know is what i was told by the dealer. This is why im not bashing, maybe its their mistake to have told me that, but if its their mistake, i should not be penalized.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update i should be getting my car in this week, they dont know when, called AOA they said they cant tell me because there is a block on the account.

My SA, is " no longer with the company" ---Awesome

Got someone knew, and they dont have the paperwork on file??? they want me to send them the orderform that i had recieved back when i ordered.

Does that seem normal?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:05 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Oh man, Legacy, I'm so sorry. That sucks! Have you talked to the sales manager of the dealership after these new developments (block on the account, SA being let go)? Or maybe try getting ahold of the owner of the dealership.

It sounds messed up to me, friend
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Idk what else to say, atleast im getting the car "sometime this week"

I have the old order form, but i wish i could change the numbers to a cheaper price and then fax it to them. Why should i be doing all the work of an SA, and im not getting paid? Damn

Quick Reply: My dilemma