S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dilemma

As some may know i went to order a car back in the end of may, and am just finding out that im getting my car in sep, when i was told im getting one of the first S4s, and it would be in july or begining of aug the latest.

checking out some links i came across the dealers website to find they have an 2011 S4 on their lot right now. Could this have been the order they planned on changing so i could get my car? hmmm

Anyway, what can i do, what should i do? I am out of a car, and some of you know its a hassle. should they throw something in should inform certain parties of this...

Idk
Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a couple of options.

1)Wait for the car you ordered. (best option)

2) Have your dealer see if there is an inbound S4 not claimed by any dealer with options that are acceptable to you. Or do a dealer trade for one coming in. (possible but not probable)

3) Find a dealer with a 2011 car that has options that you would accept and get that car. (Highly unlikely at this point)

You should figure on any ordered Audi to take about 3 months or slightly less, unless your dealer does not have an allocation
Old 07-06-2010, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

i know i gotta wait, but should i be compinsated for the lie i was told? or bite the bullet
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, I think the first thing is to find out if your dealer did in fact pull a bait and switch on you. If you can't prove this, the best thing to do is to wait.

Is the S4 on the lot specced out exactly as you had ordered?

I think the dealership would want at least one 2011 S4 on their lot to show to potential customers.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

its not my specs, but when i went to order they said they had a few orders in the order bank that could be changed still, so i would get my car, first time around. Seems like they wanted an 2011 s4 to sell for themselves at a lot better of a price than they gave me for it, but should not have told me that
Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Can you use your situation to negotiate a better price on the one currently on the lot? That is, of course if you'd be happy with that one?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by awc
Can you use your situation to negotiate a better price on the one currently on the lot? That is, of course if you'd be happy with that one?
Highly doubt it, im hoping if i complain enough or call AoA, maybe they will throw in audicare or something, why should i have to wait. the one on the lot isnt speced like i would want, otherwise id pay more anyway just to have a car
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Legacykid
Highly doubt it, im hoping if i complain enough or call AoA, maybe they will throw in audicare or something, why should i have to wait. the one on the lot isnt speced like i would want, otherwise id pay more anyway just to have a car
Yeah, I understand the desire for instant gratification...but most of the people I've talked to regarding this whole process have agreed that the wait is worth it to get exactly what you want.

In your case, I know it sucks because the dealership you've been working with obviously (to me, anyway) is jerking your chain. If I were you, I'd be patient until the time comes when your car arrives, and, once it does, deal with the sales manager to attempt to negotiate a better deal than the one you currently have. Remind him of the timeframes that his dealership repeatedly failed to meet, and make sure he knows that, unless you leave satisfied, not only will you never return, but you will also spread the word of their bad business practices through both your own social circles, and national ranking services like JD Powers, or, hell, even the BBB. Obviously, any paperwork or anything that you have indicating their previously held, and subsiquently "adjusted" positions would help you in this situation, but I know a lot of times dealers tend to not put things in writing for just this situation. Whatever the case is, in situations like these, the old story about the squeaky wheel and it's greasy reward often holds true. So squeak loud, my friend.

But thats just my two cents. In any case, I'm really sorry about the position you're in, but (hopefully) the car will be worth it

Last edited by awc; 07-06-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you sure you were lied to? If you ordered in May and the dealer had an alotment chances are good your car will be here in August. A lot depends on if your car is scheduled and produced before any factory vacation breaks in the summer. The dealer really has no control over this. you haven't told us where you are located or what dealer you are using. I'm not trying to defend the dealer but expecting compensation if your car isn't here when you think it should be? get real.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

i know i gotta wait, if i went else were the likly hood of getting it sooner if any at all would be like a week early or something not a price like i got.

im hoping they just throw in something for me to keep me happy, talk about a mess they made, i dont think they thought i would even stumble upon my findings of their stock.

Quick Reply: My dilemma