S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't buy it...
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

dude that sounds horrible! I hope that you get it resolved to your satisfsction.

Bruce
Old 11-22-2011, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sepangS4
I don't buy it...
What? Yeah he went into great detail (ad nauseum albeit) to cover the issues and added pictures (so what he photo shopped them in? C'mon).

Although I see the real problem. He's from VA and they all think sitting in the left lane is ok instead of using it for passing only. The parts figure if they can't drive right, I won't act right.

Sorry little dig against VA drivers. They honestly all do sit in the left lane no matter how fast or slow they drive.

I lost track after a while, did you sell it?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading and the comments. I really debated whether or not to post details or just say "Stasis is a PITA" like most but since it's been so absurd I figured I'd let everyone know the details. Someone said it best in another post "I'm not sure I would even recognize the good stuff about the vehicle after all this back and forth nonsense."

The only real outstanding items are the wheels and ecu... oh yeah, and the very very strange wear on the inside of the front tires... I'll put that in another post. I've never seen anything like it before.

If anyone doesn't "buy it" then I can post supporting emails between Stasis, the dealer, and myself as well as service tickets... court of law anyone? My favorite... the note on one of my receipts about noticeable surging between 3-4,000 RPM saying "that's the nature of the beast." (sigh)

And I want to sell it, buy a stock A4, and do my own modding non-Stasis. I might even go S4... I bought the 2.0t because the Stasis ads put it was in performance as the S4 but with great gas mileage. Anyway, I finally got the dealer to quote me and they put a price of $26,000 on the car WITH the parts. I said "how much without" and they said "a little more." according to blue book trade is right around $29,500 and private party is $31,500 but from what I'm being told those numbers don't matter anymore...

Looks like I'm stuck with her... it could be worse. She could be ugly, uncomfortable, and terrible to drive but as the hooker makeup (aka Stasis) stuff comes off she's getting better.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

While I do believe this is legitimate, I am curious as to what prompted you to post here, especially in the S4 forum?

I would be hestitant to completely jump on the Stasis sucks bandwagon had I not had my own experiences with them. Their communication sucks with potential customers so I can only imagine what they do with people who have already paid for "their" product.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
While I do believe this is legitimate, I am curious as to what prompted you to post here, especially in the S4 forum? .
I was pretty sure I posted in the regular ole A4 category... my mistake. Perhaps an admin can move this thread?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your experiences sound awful, though to be honest from your description the dealer deserves at least as much of the blame as STaSIS.

I've had no issues with my STaSIS-tuned car in 18K miles.

Interesting to note that you have something else to say about tire wear. That's the one thing I was concerned about given that I've seen odd wear patterns on other Audis I've owned. Nonetheless, I just swapped over to my winter setup, and the wear on the summer setup is completely normal, despite my "Touring" suspension and its drop in ride height.

I hope you get your issues resolved, and I hope for both of our sakes that STaSIS continues as a viable concern.....
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Former Vendor

After reading this thread I went to our tech department and spoke with Jared to get some details on these issues. Here is what he had pulled from his records.

I would like to quickly address the main points in this post:
Exhaust alignment: (OP) had mentioned taking a trip to Summit Point; I took this as an opportunity to look at his vehicle (and of course hang out at the race track for a bit) and did confirm this as an installation error and not a defect with our exhaust system. All of our exhausts are manufactured using a jig to maintain dimensional stability throughout a production run. (This is an industry standard)

Replacement mid-pipe: The request from (OP) dealership came in and a replacement was shipped out 3 days later, I am not sure where the 6-8week timeline stems from. This is a mid-pipe we use for the production exhaust, as long as there are exhausts on the shelf, we will always have this part.

Wheels: This was an isolated incident, the refurbishing company we use had seen some of our wheels in the past due to issues we were having with the clear coat. STaSIS never mentioned(OP) does not know how to drive his A4.

VAG-COM: Flashing back to stock is the first step with diagnostics, with this advice coming from STaSIS it is never suggested the customer pay for this. I personally offered to drive to West Broad and do the road tests myself…I believe it was a combination between my travel schedule and Matt having a friend with VAG-COM that led to this never happening.
Matt did get some datalogging for me; however the sample rate was far too slow to achieve any useable data and I did request logs to be taken a second time.

In short, customer satisfaction takes precedent for us at STaSIS not only because we want the customer to have a positive experience with our products, but also want to maintain the high level of customer satisfaction Audi has achieved.

For those of you who may have questions or concerns about how our warranty program operates please contact us directly via phone or email.

Unfortunately no company will achieve a 100% customer satisfaction rate, although we all strive to do so. How could we have made this a better experience for you?

Last edited by jeff@stasis; 11-22-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeff@stasis
For those of you who may have questions or concerns about how our warranty program operates please contact us directly via phone or email.
Jeff,

thanks for the response - I still think that something like "how our warranty program operates" should be public information as this is your key selling point and doesn't need to be handled offline in private phone/email conversations.

Individual issues yes, but general principle - no.

This approach makes the whole process seem dubious and less trustworthy.

just my 2cents.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mattsl
Hi everyone. Thanks for reading and the comments. I really debated whether or not to post details or just say "Stasis is a PITA" like most but since it's been so absurd I figured I'd let everyone know the details. Someone said it best in another post "I'm not sure I would even recognize the good stuff about the vehicle after all this back and forth nonsense."

The only real outstanding items are the wheels and ecu... oh yeah, and the very very strange wear on the inside of the front tires... I'll put that in another post. I've never seen anything like it before.

If anyone doesn't "buy it" then I can post supporting emails between Stasis, the dealer, and myself as well as service tickets... court of law anyone? My favorite... the note on one of my receipts about noticeable surging between 3-4,000 RPM saying "that's the nature of the beast." (sigh)

And I want to sell it, buy a stock A4, and do my own modding non-Stasis. I might even go S4... I bought the 2.0t because the Stasis ads put it was in performance as the S4 but with great gas mileage. Anyway, I finally got the dealer to quote me and they put a price of $26,000 on the car WITH the parts. I said "how much without" and they said "a little more." according to blue book trade is right around $29,500 and private party is $31,500 but from what I'm being told those numbers don't matter anymore...

Looks like I'm stuck with her... it could be worse. She could be ugly, uncomfortable, and terrible to drive but as the hooker makeup (aka Stasis) stuff comes off she's getting better.
I'm not so sure why you are harping on StaSIS so much and not the dealer. That whole OP sounds to me like the dealer gave you an A4 with a bunch of hand-me-down StaSIS parts experimentally installed by the managers son. StaSIS probably could have been a bit more helpful by perhaps communicating with the dealer (At least on that horrid exhaust install). I mean I would not have even bought the car if the exhaust wasn't aligned correctly like that.

Your muffler was blown off???

Pieces of the wheel peeling off and getting stuck on the hub? Completely NOT normal. I could see if the wheels were on the car for 15+ years, never removed once, and rust rotted or something, but this sounds like it happened within a year or so.

This whole thing sounds like a nightmare. Did you excessively beat on the car at all because it had a few StaSIS parts?

Last edited by FatalBert; 11-22-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis