S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MTM Cantronic system

Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrem1969
i dont claim to have any secret inside info, i just call the companies , express an interest in thier product and ask lotsa questions. ( so i am probably kind of annoying to them, lol!) i assume any info i am told is what they would tell everybody. the reason i have chose thier products is that my dealer (byers in columbus ohio - great people, sales and service) is a stasis dealer, i wanted more performance without to many warrenty issues, and stasis is located just a couple of hours from me at summit point raceway in wv. hopefully all of the products i get from them work awesome and i love everything i get but it thats a future topic for when i get my car and everything is on and ready to roll
Yep, I hear ya. I've been bugging the Stasis folks via email, and did get them to admit that the Challenge package will have an ECU tune and "something more" at the end of the year, but that's all they'd say. Good enough for now, since I don't have an S4 yet anyway and it'll probably be four months before I can order one, and closing on November/December before I could get one all set up. My nearest dealer (Barrier Audi) in Bellevue, WA is a Stasis dealer as well.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheWanderer
Yep, I hear ya. I've been bugging the Stasis folks via email, and did get them to admit that the Challenge package will have an ECU tune and "something more" at the end of the year, but that's all they'd say. Good enough for now, since I don't have an S4 yet anyway and it'll probably be four months before I can order one, and closing on November/December before I could get one all set up. My nearest dealer (Barrier Audi) in Bellevue, WA is a Stasis dealer as well.
i should be less than 30 days out for all products (except pulley upgrade) so i will be glad to keep everybody posted on what my experiances are and how i like it and if i think its worth it. i will try to answer any questions i can ( i am not the most knowledgable person on here but ill try to help) i know i have asked plenty of questions of other members on here for my previous audis and everybody has helped me best they could.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheWanderer
Has anyone installed the MTM Cantronic system on their B8 S4 yet? Any thoughts on it, warranty implications, etc.?
My brother and I installed the stage 2 kit. Installation instructions are translated quite literally and are funny to read but we got it finished without much hassle.

Cherry Hill Imports in NJ has serviced it and before they serviced the car they asked me if I had any modifications. When I said I did they had a tech call me to talk before they did any service. They were really cool about it. Basically said the only time they wouldn't cover a warranty repair is if corporate wouldn't compensate them for the work. He reinforced the fact that they aren't out to get anyone with their mods and they would hide them the best they could to try to get all work covered by warranty.

The car is noticeably faster, more fun to drive and I've experienced better gas mileage with it. Now that my car is broken in I get ~19mpg combined and do a ton of heavy traffic driving. I did a post on Audizine about it. If you search for it you'll see some gtech screen shots for 0-60 runs. It was roughly .03 seconds faster 0-60. Haven't used the gtech since so I can't say I really put much effort into getting the fastest time I possibly could. Fastest time was 4.31 seconds but if I remember correctly the majority of the post install runs were in the 4.5x's. I was really surprised how fast it was before the install. 4.8x seconds 0-60 is stupid fast. Had I disabled the stability and traction control I probably could have gotten better times. At the time I was more worried about not getting caught WOT back and forth on this back road I had found. I forgot.

The price itself is subjective. Supply/demand blah blah, no competition blah blah. Believe me when I say I've pissed away 3 grand on things that have brought me mush less happiness. The car was almost 60K. What's another 3?

Last night I installed a Hyperflow intake and I'm going to call AWE so I can swing by there to hear their exhaust. If I get it installed I'll have them dyno the car while it's there. I'll post it up so everyone will have some more info to chew on.

I say get it. But if you don't you should do an ecu upgrade of some kind when they become widely available. You won't be disappointed. It's a different car afterwards.

Last edited by voltrons_head; 05-20-2010 at 07:16 PM.