S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stupid question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question...

I'm thinking I am overdue for the benefits of a drop-in filter. I don't want to mess with the warranty issues that could (but probably wouldn't) arise, and since the gain is decent without screwing around with the stock air box...might as well go for it.

The question is two-fold...

1) Which filter? I am leaning toward AWE Sfilter.
2) Is there a good place to buy it and save some cash? Seems like authorized dealers are scarce...

Thanks for taking the poll.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Bees
I'm thinking I am overdue for the benefits of a drop-in filter. I don't want to mess with the warranty issues that could (but probably wouldn't) arise, and since the gain is decent without screwing around with the stock air box...might as well go for it.

The question is two-fold...

1) Which filter? I am leaning toward AWE Sfilter.
2) Is there a good place to buy it and save some cash? Seems like authorized dealers are scarce...

Thanks for taking the poll.
Are there any posts/dyno runs of stock filter vs. drop-in filter on stock 3.0T engine? I question whether any performance gains on this mod (unless higher flow required by chip/exhaust/pulley,blahblahblah)
Old 06-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's a good question...and I'm not sure I have seen any empirical data. All I have seen are stats from company sites, and folks that have installed filters and CAIs.

I guess I did make that inferential leap -- I suppose it's possible that the Audi filter is designed well enough that it breathes.

Originally Posted by SpeedTriplemark
Are there any posts/dyno runs of stock filter vs. drop-in filter on stock 3.0T engine? I question whether any performance gains on this mod (unless higher flow required by chip/exhaust/pulley,blahblahblah)