S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ka-Pow!....I just pull the trigger!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ka-Pow!....I just pull the trigger!

I've been a lurker in this forum for about a year now. This will be my 1st Audi car ever so I'm very excited. People in this forum are so awesome! I learn a lot lurking and asking questions and now I just pull the trigger!
I was going to wait for another month or two because I didn't want the car too early but the SA told me that I could order now and pick a delivery date later. I wanted the car to be here in April as long as I don't get the 2013 model with the facelift.

Trans: S-Tronic P+

Color: Ice Silver
Options: Sport Differential, MMI Nav with Rear Sensor, Blk Silk Napa, 19" 5 Segment Spokes, B & O Sound System, Rear Side Airbags, and Wheel Lock Kit.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations - Sounds like a great combo of options. and another S4 in the PNW.
Look forward to seeing pics once it's in.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also need the car in April and was thinking of ordering in January/February. Wasn't aware you could order it now and choose a later delivery date.

Congrats!

Originally Posted by ni4ni
I've been a lurker in this forum for about a year now. This will be my 1st Audi car ever so I'm very excited. People in this forum are so awesome! I learn a lot lurking and asking questions and now I just pull the trigger!
I was going to wait for another month or two because I didn't want the car too early but the SA told me that I could order now and pick a delivery date later. I wanted the car to be here in April as long as I don't get the 2013 model with the facelift.

Trans: S-Tronic P+

Color: Ice Silver
Options: Sport Differential, MMI Nav with Rear Sensor, Blk Silk Napa, 19" 5 Segment Spokes, B & O Sound System, Rear Side Airbags, and Wheel Lock Kit.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed! I'll have to get you both added to our Pac NW get togethers and meet you both.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice action. I think you'll be really happy with the Ice Silver - I came within an inch of getting it myself before calling an audible at the table and ordering Deep Sea Blue instead. I love the DSB but man it's a job keeping it clean. Just washed it this afternoon for the second time in a week - it's been rainy and I have a long gravel driveway, instant dirt. I have an '04 allroad in the equivalent of Ice Silver (that's the main reason I decided to switch colors, it would have been my 3rd silver car in a row!), and it simply does not show dirt. Always looks sharp.

The only downside of the Ice Silver is that it makes it harder to recognize the car as an S4 with a quick glance on the road (checking the mirrors is how I quickly tell an A4 from an S4), but even that has an upside from the stealth perspective.

The S4 isn't perfect, but not a lot in this world is. But it is awesome and I love it as much today as when I took delivery 14 months and 23,000 miles ago. I'm sure you'll be happy. Congrats!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations. I am not a lurker by any means but plot and plan when ready for new car. Current ride is MT 08 X3.

Would have considered another BMW but they have gone main line and no more MT and RFT's only (huge scam on car mfg's part imo).

Been watching the S4 and will pulling the trigger about this time next year for a personal birthday gift.

Would have preferred to get this facelift, but not ready yet to pull the trigger.

Cheers,

EE
Old 11-27-2011, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
.... I have an '04 allroad in the equivalent of Ice Silver (that's the main reason I decided to switch colors, it would have been my 3rd silver car in a row!), and it simply does not show dirt. Always looks sharp.
Ha, ha...that is just too funny. I currently have a silver 04 GTI and a silver 04 R32. Now I will have the #3 silver car in a row. I actuall thought about monsoon grey but I just love how the silver can hide dirt very well. I know darker color seems to get dirty faster but once its clean its unbeatably impressive looking. Congrat on your Deep Sea Blue!

amit1986, yes oder now and being able to pick a later delivery date surprised me too.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice dude, congrats! Scott has a doppelganger now