S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just ordered a 2013 S4!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just ordered a 2013 S4!

Hi all,

Just ordered a 2013 S4 and wanted to share the deets:

Phantom Black Pearl Effect exterior
Black/Lunar Silver interior
Prestige
S-tronic
Sports differential
Adaptive dampening suspension
Fine Nappa leather
19" 5-segment-spoke-design
Stainless Steel Mesh inlays (with piano black instrument panel surround)
Wheel Lock Kit
Audi Guard all-weather floor mats and trunk liner

ETA late July.

The big changes for me from my 2010 S4 are the exterior/interior colors, and the addition of the adaptive dampening suspension. Curious what others think. I'm going from an Ice Silver/Black Silk Nappa car (and several other prior autos with the same color combo), to a dark exterior and light interior -- daring moves for me. Also, my current S4 has sport diff, but not the adaptive dampening suspension. For those with full ADS experience, any thoughts?

I did NOT check the box for the "Driver Assist package", which would add adaptive cruise control and dynamic steering. Good move to leave this out? I never need or use cruise control, but don't know whether dynamic steering would be a good thing or not-so-good thing to have? If anyone has logged time in a car with dynamic steering, I'd appreciate your take.

Thanks in advance for input! Will continue to share more as things progress...

PS: I would have gone with the "Black Edition" trim package, or even just the 19" wheels from the TI package instead of the potato peelers, had these been options for 2013.

Last edited by Smith837; 05-14-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smith837
Hi all,

I did NOT check the box for the "Driver Assist package", which would add adaptive cruise control and dynamic steering. Good move to leave this out? I never need or use cruise control, but don't know whether dynamic steering would be a good thing or not-so-good thing to have? If anyone has logged time in a car with dynamic steering, I'd appreciate your take.

PS: I would have gone with the "Black Edition" trim package, or even just the 19" wheels from the TI package instead of the potato peelers, had these been options for 2013.
I too opted to skip the Driver Assist Package on my 2013 Order. I really wanted the Dynamic Steering but not at the expense of total control. My car won't be a commuter car so ACC had no value. Stop and Go is cool, but I never want any type of system that can intervene like that. Plus with a manual I'm not sure how it could ever be as effective as on a automatic.

I'm really bummed about the lack of Ti Package as well. But that's how it goes I guess. . . .
Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are we talking about July 2012 for the delivery? If so, I might be doing a serious upgrade from my crashed, hack-fixed 2012 S4.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
Are we talking about July 2012 for the delivery? If so, I might be doing a serious upgrade from my crashed, hack-fixed 2012 S4.
If his order just went in, late July is probably pushing it, but cars will be in the US late June / early July. Mine is scheduled to hit the dealer the week of July 9th.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
If his order just went in, late July is probably pushing it, but cars will be in the US late June / early July. Mine is scheduled to hit the dealer the week of July 9th.
Hmm I need to call my dealer. I put my order in right when the order guides came out. I haven't heard anything regarding timeline.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

If that is the case of the cars arriving to the US in July, then I think I might have to call my friends and make a change of vehicle.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I changed my order from a A4 to a S4 P+ last saturday and the ETA is the same (10-12 weeks - that's last week of july)

The longest wait of my life!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
Yes, July 2012. In general, the first 2013s should be arriving in June 2012.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
I would agree with this, although I was able to snag one of my dealer's first allocations, which had already been in the system a few weeks, but was (is) still able to be modified. Admittedly, late July is optimistic, and early August is possible. I'm OK either way.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The biggest difference for you will be how much more attention the black car will need to keep clean VS your current S4. I saw a black a5 the other day, and had to mentally remind myself, "Do not buy another black car". 5 are enough. But they do look great for about 15 minutes after they are washed.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2013 S4!