S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just joined the club with a '12 B8!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 AM
ks2
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just joined the club with a '12 B8!

I have been a lurker in this forum for a few months now, ever since I started researching the S4. Finally picked up a slightly used CPO'ed 2012 B8 Premium Plus this past memorial day with just 3360 miles on the odo. Went to the dealership fully intending to take a test drive and then place an order for a 2013 B8.5 but ended up taking a financially more sensible option on this CPO that was offered for the test drive, saving almost 8K (I think) in the process.

The only option I was really desperate for was the sports diff, unfortunately missing on this car. But the numbers just made too much sense to pass up. And it has more options than what I would have picked on the 2013 anyway. With such few miles, it is super clean and almost indistinguishable from new. Needless to say, I am ENJOYING EVERY BIT of it. Coming from an aging 1998 Volvo S70 T5 Manual (160K+), this is just an unbelievably great drive! The daily commute to work is a blast for a change...

Here's the package:

2012 Premium plus with 3360 miles
6MT
CPO warranty runs through Oct 2017 or 100K Miles
Bang & Olufsen
AudiCare included through 50K Miles
Phantom Black Pearl Effect
Black Silk Nappa leather interior
Carbon Atlas inlays
Navi plus
Audi Advanced Key
Rear Acoustic parking sensors

All negotiated for 46K inclusive of dealer fees, ~49K out the door. Some pics taken just before prep at the dealership below...

Cheers,
KS
Attached Images    
Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey KS, congrats on the new car! What a jump from a '98 car! It looks like the windows are already tinted for you? They look dark! Nice low miles on it. Are you planning any changes in the near future? Some quick, cheap ones you may consider: adding an oil dipstick and swapping out the V6T badges for the supercharged ones. ECS Tuning and some other forum sponsors should be able to help you if desired. Post away with questions when you can't find info by searching, and enjoy the new ride.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

congrats on the purchase! have fun with the car!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats. Looks like you got free window tint too...
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
ks2
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by zulujams
Hey KS, congrats on the new car! What a jump from a '98 car! It looks like the windows are already tinted for you? They look dark! Nice low miles on it. Are you planning any changes in the near future? Some quick, cheap ones you may consider: adding an oil dipstick and swapping out the V6T badges for the supercharged ones. ECS Tuning and some other forum sponsors should be able to help you if desired. Post away with questions when you can't find info by searching, and enjoy the new ride.
Thx, zulujams! Yep, it's a big jump from the '98. Wife has been driving the other "better" car, an '07 MDX, and I feel like I deserve this one now. And yes, it has 15% all around apart from the Windshield of course. Guess what? Just my luck, I got pulled over by one of our finest on the very first ramp out of the dealership and got a ticket for the front sides Apparently 28% is the legal limit here in FL. The backs are OK though. I have to set up an appointment with the dealership's tint guy to swap the front sides out. It will probably screw up the aggressive look on the car, but peace of mind etc. Also thinking of getting a good radar detector, for sure I am getting tickets easier in this baby.

The dipstick and supercharged badges are on my list, but first want to get some all weather mats, probably weathertech. It is raining practically every afternoon here in SoFla, and guys at work want me to drive for lunch more often, strangely!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I recommend a laser jammer along with the detector. If they pop you with laser its too late by the time the radar detector goes off.

The new trick these days is that they have signs with speed readouts that use ka to read your speed. Then 100 feet after there is a stationary vehicle using laser to do a nice photo op.

I have already budgeted for the laser jammer as my first upgrade besides the alu kruenz torsion brace.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ks2
The dipstick and supercharged badges are on my list, but first want to get some all weather mats, probably weathertech. It is raining practically every afternoon here in SoFla, and guys at work want me to drive for lunch more often, strangely!
That sucks about the illegal tint. It looked dark in the pics. Hopefully you can get that resolved soon. As for mats, weathertech should be good. I went with black rubber mats in the front from http://www.audionlineparts.com, part # 8K1061221A 041. I like them. This vendor doesn't have S4 mats for the back seats though, weird. You can probably get a full set including a trunk liner from weathertech.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nice car, I'm looking for something similar. If you don't mind asking, what was the original price the dealer was asking for and how much effort was it to negotiate to your price. Thank you.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
ks2
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by p6889k
Nice car, I'm looking for something similar. If you don't mind asking, what was the original price the dealer was asking for and how much effort was it to negotiate to your price. Thank you.
Thanks!

They were asking for 51K. It was not too painful to get them to 46, maybe because it was Memorial day and end of month and they were really keen to push the CPO out. The actual price negotiation probably took just 40 minutes if that. A great dealership experience IMO. All the best with your effort...
Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
ks2
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Evlengr
I have already budgeted for the laser jammer as my first upgrade besides the alu kruenz torsion brace.
Thanks for the tips Evlengr...

Intrigued about the Alu Kruenz brace, will look it up along with the jammer. Need to allow my bank acct to replenish a bit first

Quick Reply: Just joined the club with a '12 B8!