S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just have to say..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koobah
Yes it is. It is also very expensive to maintain and drinks a lot of gas.
If I could afford to buy one, I wouldn't be at all concerned about that either :-)
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
You won't find the S4 to be a kidney pounder, but you might want to check out the A6 3.0T while you're at it if your concerned about comfort & space. Coming out of an '09 A4, I test drove both the S4 and A6 and ordered the A6 w/ sport pkg....for generally the same $$, the higher comfort/luxury content of the A6 won out for me over the S4's performance capabilities, but the A6 is no slouch with the 3.0T (0-60 sub 6 seconds).
I test drove the S4 and the A6 back to back. There is not much that separates the two in terms of comfort/luxury content (Canadian S4 with premium + navigation vs. A6 Special Edition). I like the A6 (owned one prior to S4). 3 things made me decide against going with the A6 again. 1. no MT, 2. too big (models are getting bigger with every generation and the B8 S4 is almost a mid size car and just right for me), 3. A6 due for replacement in 2011.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I looked into E class too since I drive a C class right now. E classes are a dime a dozen. If I am paying 50K+ for a car, I want it to be fairly rare. S4's are rare species. E class is good fit for 40's and 50's year olds who value comfort, luxury, and prestige, S4 is definitely the enthusiast's who values performance over comfort and luxury, not that the S4 is lacking. I find that S4 to be the best overall package of performance, practicality, all weather capability, luxury, and pretige. E class, my friends told me, why do you want to drive an old man's car. When I told I ordered an S4, the unanimous reply was, "COOL!" and thumbs-up, followed by request for rides from girls, preferably in front of their ex-boyfriends.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I looked into E class too since I drive a C class right now. E classes are a dime a dozen. If I am paying 50K+ for a car, I want it to be fairly rare. S4's are rare species. E class is good fit for 40's and 50's year olds who value comfort, luxury, and prestige, S4 is definitely the enthusiast's who values performance over comfort and luxury, not that the S4 is lacking. I find that S4 to be the best overall package of performance, practicality, all weather capability, luxury, and pretige. E class, my friends told me, why do you want to drive an old man's car. When I told I ordered an S4, the unanimous reply was, "COOL!" and thumbs-up, followed by request for rides from girls, preferably in front of their ex-boyfriends.
Hah! Well, I'm not in need any of that kind of validation, nor an ideological debate over what is cool and what isn't. I'm mostly interested in buying a car I'll be happy with. Having owned a wide range of cars and trucks, and at the tender young age of 43, I'm sure I can find something that will fill the bill :-)