S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just closed the deal on a '11 S4...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just closed the deal on a '11 S4...

After looking forever for a clean and relatively reasonable S4, I finally pulled the trigger today - it's a 2011 S4 - black/black - 50K miles, CPO'd to 100K/2years.
A few newbie q's - what's the best bang for my buck for a tune? Also, it has front plates - since the car will be based in TX, I do not need front plates, so do I need to replace the grill? or plug the holes.
The DSG is intoxicating, especially in Dynamic mode with the blipping on down shifts.
I'll post some pics when I pick her up on Thursday....
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Just wondering if the car has a sport dif. On the pre 2013 models, you can remove the front filler plate with 2 torx screws and replace it with a new filler plate that goes straight across with no extra flange for a license plate. If you look at the picture of my car on the avatar, the red horizontal piece that splits the grille(I had mine painted} is the part to which I am referring .

Last edited by DrGP; 03-20-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks - I have a call into the dealer about the diff - those fools didn't even know it was a DSG....thanks about the plate on the grill - I'll order one when I pick the car up....
Old 03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SeaChiS6
Thanks - I have a call into the dealer about the diff - those fools didn't even know it was a DSG....thanks about the plate on the grill - I'll order one when I pick the car up....
Check out the price from ECS tuning to compare with dealer price. IF you have the SD, you will have buttons on the console that say CONFORT/AUTO/ DYNAMIC. They are located between the shifter and the cup holder.

Last edited by DrGP; 03-20-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? Texas requires front plates. Whether you run them or not, that's a completely different story, but Texas legally requires front plates and they can (and will) ticket you for it if the cop is a stickler.

Also, it has front plates - since the car will be based in TX, I do not need front plates, so do I need to replace the grill? or plug the holes.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zerinS4
What? Texas requires front plates. Whether you run them or not, that's a completely different story, but Texas legally requires front plates and they can (and will) ticket you for it if the cop is a stickler.
My bad - never got a ticket in 18 years in Plano...so I will take my chances...
Also, another q about the Sport Diff - this vehicle has the buttons above the left temp control for Comfort/Auto/Dynamic - I assume it's not on the console because of the navigation?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, another q about the Sport Diff - this vehicle has the buttons above the left temp control for Comfort/Auto/Dynamic - I assume it's not on the console because of the navigation?
It's illegal, but they can't fine you.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Uh, I beg to differ as someone who shelled out $75 on more than one occasion for front plate violations. It's been YEARS, but they sure can fine you.

Originally Posted by bengtc
It's illegal, but they can't fine you.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Banned

You probably have the sport dif if you have those controls. Try activating the dynamic mode and you should feel like the car is much more powerful.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

After looking forever for a clean and relatively reasonable S4, I finally pulled the trigger today - it's a 2011 S4 - black/black - 50K miles, CPO'd to 100K/2years.
A few newbie q's - what's the best bang for my buck for a tune? Also, it has front plates - since the car will be based in TX, I do not need front plates, so do I need to replace the grill? or plug the holes.
The DSG is intoxicating, especially in Dynamic mode with the blipping on down shifts.
I'll post some pics when I pick her up on Thursday....
I would highly recommend the:
http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1994
It will will tighten up the feel of the car along with the sway bars with end links. Enjoy the car! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Just closed the deal on a '11 S4...