S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

It's on a boat in the English Channel.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris
If a car arrives at the dealer on say a Monday ... how long does it take them to prep it or do whatever it is they need to do?
My experience has been that you can pick it up the same day it arrives, provided it arrives before lunchtime. It's usually taken them 3-4 hours to prep cars for me. Also depends on how many sold order cars come in that day, and how busy otherwise they are.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captainy
Jason just e-mailed me to say they just received their first S4 from the Grand Legacy this morning. Port called last night and told him mine will roll in on a truck either today or tomorrow. Delivery to me should be tomorrow afternoon/evening then. Woohoo.
Wish I could get there sooner. Between work and the 1 hour drive I'll have to wait until Saturday. Help a brother out though and make sure Jason keeps mine under lock and key. Have fun on the delivery and let us know how it goes. I'll see you on the road on Saturday!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

JUST WATCHED MY CAR ROLL OFF THE TRUCK!!!

My dealer called me earlier this afternoon and told me that my car was loaded onto a truck at 1:15pm today in Rhode Island?? Here I was thinking my car was in Georgia all this time and it was at a port in Rhode Island. He told me earlier that the car could arrive at any time now depending on how they loaded the truck.

Took a leisure drive this evening and by a strange coincidence was driving by the dealer and there was the truck. 7 VWs on the truck with one Audi wrapped in a white wrapper. My salesman was apologizing to me ahead of time if I didn't get to see the car in the wrapper but don't worry, I saw it and got plenty of pics on my phone.

Hopefully I can take delivery tomorrow
Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice and grats!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Nice and grats!!
Thanks, had to leave the dealer as it was after 10pm and I thought the guy taking the cars off the truck was gonna call the cops or something
Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh and just for anyone else who is anticipating there vehicle soon or down the road...
Ordered the vehicle Aug 15th, was give an initial delivery date of Nov 16th.
Once the car went into production, they pushed it up 1 week to the week of Nov 7th.
Now the car is on the dealer lot on Oct 28th and I should be able to take delivery on the 29th or at worst the 30th.
Almost 3 whole weeks ahead of the original schedule, still though, the wait felt long.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep my dealer told me that 2 weeks ealier than any date given for delivery was the norm for them - before I even ordered
Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Here

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yep my dealer told me that 2 weeks ealier than any date given for delivery was the norm for them - before I even ordered
My car has arrived at Leith Audi in Cary, NC. I'll be picking it up at 4pm today. Pictures will follow tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds like a lot of cars are showing up early. I was scheduled for November 7; got an email yesterday saying my car is in. Unfortunately, I'm headed out of town, so I likely won't be taking delivery until early next week.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by captainy
My car has arrived at Leith Audi in Cary, NC. I'll be picking it up at 4pm today. Pictures will follow tomorrow.
Heh, my salesman at Leith used yours as an example today. He emailed me with an update and said "It still says December 14, but we had a car listed for Nov 9 get there today, and they all seem to be arriving a week or two early."

Quick Reply: It's on a boat in the English Channel.....