S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

It's on a boat in the English Channel.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer emailed me yesterday and said he expects the car on the lot on 2 Nov. The dealership is in Cary, NC. For those of you that have been checking the site, I learned on Audizine that the updates depend on FM transmissions so only get updated when it's within about 40 nm of land. Hopefully that still means it's due for an on time port call of 22 Oct. Fingers still crossed!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's not docked yet

Originally Posted by jimf15e
My dealer emailed me yesterday and said he expects the car on the lot on 2 Nov. The dealership is in Cary, NC. For those of you that have been checking the site, I learned on Audizine that the updates depend on FM transmissions so only get updated when it's within about 40 nm of land. Hopefully that still means it's due for an on time port call of 22 Oct. Fingers still crossed!
I've been keeping an eye on it, Jim. Due in tomorrow (10/23) now. Can't wait.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Captain Y (and all others on the Grand Legacy) Got a call today from the dealer. My car was invoiced yesterday (Monday) so they expect it this week. Shooting for a pickup this Saturday, 31 Oct! So much for a November delivery. Woo Hoo!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah I am taking delivery this saturday too. it came into the port in halifax last thursday.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

got a call from my dealer today too. Car came into port on the 24th, dealer got a copy of the invoice and it is set to loaded on a truck on the 30th. He says the car can arrive any day now.

Not sure why they would let the car sit in port for a whole week. Anyone have any idea? I would think they would load em up and ship em out ASAP
Old 10-28-2009, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I ain't waiting.......

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Captain Y (and all others on the Grand Legacy) Got a call today from the dealer. My car was invoiced yesterday (Monday) so they expect it this week. Shooting for a pickup this Saturday, 31 Oct! So much for a November delivery. Woo Hoo!
......until the weekend if at arrives before then. Luckily my Thursday and Friday are mostly devoid of meetings, so I'll go pick it up just as soon as it's ready. Let it be tomorrow please.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jason just e-mailed me to say they just received their first S4 from the Grand Legacy this morning. Port called last night and told him mine will roll in on a truck either today or tomorrow. Delivery to me should be tomorrow afternoon/evening then. Woohoo.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by captainy
Jason just e-mailed me to say they just received their first S4 from the Grand Legacy this morning. Port called last night and told him mine will roll in on a truck either today or tomorrow. Delivery to me should be tomorrow afternoon/evening then. Woohoo.
WHOO HOO!! congrats, I know you are very stoked, take lots of pics for us
Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by captainy
If a car arrives at the dealer on say a Monday ... how long does it take them to prep it or do whatever it is they need to do?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually 1 day turnaround unless they have a lot going on that day. They wash it down, remove the white laminate travel coating, check the suspension (which is typically tightened down to a "transport mode" in order to eliminate extra motion of thousands of cars while on a ship in rolling seas - which would be bad Additionally, they check oil and fluids, make sure it cranks, etc.

Quick Reply: It's on a boat in the English Channel.....