S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

First Audi: 2012 S4 Prestige CPO

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Audi: 2012 S4 Prestige CPO

I'm new to this forum and this is my first Audi. I've been drooling over these things for quite some time and knew I wanted an 'S' car. The local dealer finally took in an Ibis S4 with close to 20K on the clock. I thought thats alot of miles for a one year old car but maybe not. I knew I was taking it home when I pulled in the lot. The car is amazing so far although I've only put about 100 miles on it. The only issue I have and am hoping the dealer will work with me is that I opened the trunk at night and didnt see a light, while looking for the light I noticed that the subwoofer under the rear package tray is missing. There are signs that some aftermarket work may have been done(kind of shoddy in my opinion)like another install or something, but removed it when he traded the car in. I know alot of you guys have modified or in some cases replaced the B and O system for different reasons so should I go back with original or go with a different brand or design. Hell, it sounds good just the way it is! Of course my ears are almost 60 yrs old.
Anyway,thanks for allowing me to ramble.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

You should look at the CarFax of the car even if it was certified. Some Audi dealers buy cars at auction and certify them and a car can be in an accident and still be certified, except in the most extreme cases (e.g. Frame damage). If the car is showing signs of damage, I'd even consider having an independent shop look it over before going back to the dealer, but I would do it quickly - within days of the purchase. If there are signs of damage and it isn't on the CarFax, they should explain how they certified it.

With that said, I hope any issues you find are minor, the dealer addresses them and you enjoy the car for a long time.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 86dagin
I'm new to this forum and this is my first Audi. I've been drooling over these things for quite some time and knew I wanted an 'S' car. The local dealer finally took in an Ibis S4 with close to 20K on the clock. I thought thats alot of miles for a one year old car but maybe not. I knew I was taking it home when I pulled in the lot. The car is amazing so far although I've only put about 100 miles on it. The only issue I have and am hoping the dealer will work with me is that I opened the trunk at night and didnt see a light, while looking for the light I noticed that the subwoofer under the rear package tray is missing. There are signs that some aftermarket work may have been done(kind of shoddy in my opinion)like another install or something, but removed it when he traded the car in. I know alot of you guys have modified or in some cases replaced the B and O system for different reasons so should I go back with original or go with a different brand or design. Hell, it sounds good just the way it is! Of course my ears are almost 60 yrs old.
Anyway,thanks for allowing me to ramble.
was it cpoed?cause part of cpo is to ck out the radio and all components,like speakers!!let the dealerships deal with it,
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audi01a6
was it cpoed?cause part of cpo is to ck out the radio and all components,like speakers!!let the dealerships deal with it,
oh sry welcome,all "S" are very nice,enjoy, it will awhile to get into it,
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

20k on the clock isn't terrible. I got my 2012 prestige s4 in the beginning of August 2011 so i have had it about 18 months already.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Everything else on the car seems in order and in like new condition or what one would expect for a 2012. Is there a list on this site or can anyone point me in a direction as to what is checked in the CPO process? I do have a booklet on the CPO as in what it covers and it states Nav and sound are not covered. I would think it should have been checked off before certifying though.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

If your car was Certified Pre-Owned and they missed the fact that someone gutted the subwoofer out of your car, I would call AoA and open a case on it immediately! Make sure you have it documented with them so you can get this corrected by Audi and/or the dealer.