S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Finally - Picking Up Friday the 14'TH

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally - Picking Up Friday the 14'TH

Actually,

It showed up a whole lot earlier than expected (very nice handling of the order..allocation was dead on). I ordered it Mid-July and it arrived last week. I had the 3M clear bra put on. After going through the board's threads and talking via e mail to detailer's including autogeek.net I found the real key to keeping the bra from yellowing or aging was/is how you wash and treat it. Specifically using shampoo that is neutral on the alkaline/base scale.

Now to the point. I am picking it up this Friday. I plan on getting my money's worth and having the salesperson show and tell me everything they know about this Audi. I bought it from FSK Audi in Frederick, MD with Daniel Adcock. They have a very good reputation for personal service. So far I agree.

What things should I ask about or look for? Is there anything that you feel you should have checked or asked about prior to accepting the car? I don't plan on being difficult, but I will not accept the car unless it is in mint condition.

Thanks for any constructive input.

EE
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For starters fully inspect the car for any nicks, srcapes, dings that could happen during transport. I'd also take if for a test drive before signing any final paperwork to be sure there aren't excessive wind noise issues, handling issues, etc. Most buyers are in such "love" with the new car that they assume there could never be anything wrong with a brand new car. Just my advice from buying over 20 cars in my time thus far.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! The last couple days are painful..

I read the manual front to back the night I picked it up, there isn't much the sales person can tell you that isn't covered in the manual. The MMI manual covers A LOT.

If you are very keen ask to see their pre-delivery inspection sheet. It will show you everything they are "suppose" to check. I had the blue protective film on my Aluminum S4 door sill(back door) for three weeks before noticing.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Before you leave the lot sync your phone with the bluetooth and have someone call you and see how it reacts. Mine won't answer the call unmuted unless I answer from the headset.

If I use the car steering wheel or the MMI wheel it answers the call but goes immediately to mute. I have to quick hit settings then hit mute which is the center butting on wheel as the position on the screen is on mute already (got the button sequence down quick now)

The key is after you hit answer if the music comes on you have to go thru that sequence. If the music stays off it answered correctly.

Also if it acts the way it does for me, when a call comes in and you are already on, forget it you can't answer by hitting replace or ignore. You lose both calls either way.

If you show them before you leave you have a better chance at getting some response.

I learned to live with it
Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks,,,so far FSK Audi has been a good experience and everything people say. Daniel Adcock has been very helpful and is even looking into the VAG COM settings I asked about in another thread.

Auto locking at 10 mph and they auto open/auto close windows with the FOB.

They have met or exceeded all expectations at this point.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Like everyone said...check everything...I thought I did, but when I got home I found the rear wheel valve stems did not have caps...minor I know, but still an easy thing for them to check and fix.

+1 on setting up the BlueTooth.

And have them go over the voice command "training".

Do you have wheel locks? Check for the key.

Don't let them put a dealer badge on the car. The plate frame is ok, the bolts they use for the rear plate a too long and require it or the plate will rattle...do not let them tighten the bolts w/o the frame, they will break the when/if you try and take them out...actually the mount breaks. I don't like frames so I put a small rubber grommet between the bolt head and the plate...holds it real nice.

Good luck!! You'll love the car. I put 200 miles on it the first day. I bought mine at Hunt Valley in Cockeysville, MD...I was kinda upset that the first drive would be on the B'more beltway...so I took the long way home.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

setup the phone,
call home and tell them not to wait up,
tell the nice sales guy politely to exit the car,

Drive it like you stole it!

(email sales guy pic of the catlike ear to ear grin as a thank you)

Enjoy
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats my friend. If you can get the full hood and full fenders clearbra'd. That way you won't have a line to see. You can also put opticoat over it for added protection to the bra. Your call on that.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

agree on inspecting the paint. had i little nick under my headlight i found later.

also, bring your favorite music on a CD, SD card, etc. it's great to hear your favorite music without a lot of fuss for the first drive. congrats!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
also, bring your favorite music on a CD, SD card, etc. it's great to hear your favorite music without a lot of fuss for the first drive. congrats!
Keep in mind that AAC files must have an extension of .M4A or the radio won't play them. For whatever reason .MP4 won't work.

Quick Reply: Finally - Picking Up Friday the 14'TH