S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

To the F-tard that hit my S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To the F-tard that hit my S4

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later but someone here at work managed to take a chunk out of my S4. I just hope security can get the other drivers info from the security videos in the parking lot!
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can honestly tell you, "I know how you feel", went on vacation in April and left my brand new 2012 S4 with 300 miles in my garage. Only to find out some A$$hole hit my car without saying anything. Just got it back from the repair shop with $6k worth of repair bill.
Attached Images    
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both stories suck, but holy HELL he knocked the **** out of your car to have moved it sideways like that.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Damn! I would have asked for the garage's security tapes and pursued legal/criminal action for damage that bad; especially in a parking garage!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

He sure did, you can see the car in the last picture. When the detectives came to analyze the incident, they were able to determine that it was the hitch of the F-250 you see in the background. They assume he was reversing hit the car hard enough to tear the bumper and move it against the column.

The worse thing is that the guy denies any involvement (of course he does)and since no one saw it, I have to assume full responsibility of the damages and repairs.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zillmc
Damn! I would have asked for the garage's security tapes and pursued legal/criminal action for damage that bad; especially in a parking garage!
I did, unfortunately there is no cameras on the floor, just at the entrance and exit of the garage. The condo association did help in the attempt to get this resolved but unfortunately we were not able to pin him to the incident.

The laws of Florida in a garage are a bit tricky, considering that the building is privately held and managed. Not worth all the added aggravation and stress, called the insurance company and let them resolve the matter. The downside is that I have to cough up the deductible, which the association is trying to help me with.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
The worse thing is that the guy denies any involvement (of course he does)and since no one saw it, I have to assume full responsibility of the damages and repairs.
What an *******!

I might have watched a little too much CSI.... was there any paint transfer? Wonder whether it's easy to match his bumper paint.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinHee
What an *******!

I might have watched a little too much CSI.... was there any paint transfer? Wonder whether it's easy to match his bumper paint.
There was no paint transfer on the vehicle since it was hit with the hitch. The detective was able to match the hitch to the area of the hit. It was a perfect match, not to mentioned that the measured the height from the ground to the hitch and matched exact to the area where the car was hit. Undoubtedly I feel very strong that he hit the car, but without a confession I am dead in the water.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah that's a lot of damage. Mine's not that bad in comparison but I'm sure the front bumper & fender will need to be replaced.
On the bright I've been considering getting a blacked out front grill so I guess I've got a great opportunity to swap it out now. Still not happy that I have to take time out of my day to get it repaired not to mention dealing with the insurance.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tom Feeney
Yeah that's a lot of damage. Mine's not that bad in comparison but I'm sure the front bumper & fender will need to be replaced.
On the bright I've been considering getting a blacked out front grill so I guess I've got a great opportunity to swap it out now. Still not happy that I have to take time out of my day to get it repaired not to mention dealing with the insurance.
Sorry to hear that man, on the bright side it will be a nice upgrade to the vehicle and I am sure it is going to look great.

With that paint transfer on your car, were you able to determine who did it?

Quick Reply: To the F-tard that hit my S4