S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ECS grille

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS grille

UPS delivered the new grille today.
So far I'm happy with how it was packaged and the component itself looks very well thought out and feels good.
Now this weekend I'll be taking the car apart for the install and I'll see just how good the design is. Never have been entirely thrilled with aftermarket parts as they always have had some massaging to make them work right. Hope this is different.

I'm pumped!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a B8, and I know that your 2013 uses a different part, but my main advice is to be careful with the plastic rings badge if you move it over to the new grille.

When I did mine, it was not freezing cold, but chilly, and I ended up breaking several of the tabs on the back of my rings badge. Mine were very brittle, do the work inside if you have the option.

Have fun, it makes a huge visual impact!

//lc
Old 03-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Carbines
I have a B8, and I know that your 2013 uses a different part, but my main advice is to be careful with the plastic rings badge if you move it over to the new grille.

When I did mine, it was not freezing cold, but chilly, and I ended up breaking several of the tabs on the back of my rings badge. Mine were very brittle, do the work inside if you have the option.

Have fun, it makes a huge visual impact!

//lc

I did the work last weekend and down here in Houston the temps were decent. But the tabs did take a hit. Out of the 10 tabs I lost 2. So now I'm searching for a new set of rings. The dealer wants 75 bucks for them which I think is twice what they are worth.
My second choice would be to glue them in for a better fit but I think that a new set with all tabs should make the fit near perfect.

The whole kit went together great but the rings did kick my butt.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I lost (broke) many of the tabs. But there were enough tabs left to secure my rings well. For the cost of another emblem, I'll just wait and see if the original one comes off.

I dig the grille on the Facelift models. Trying to convince a friend that he needs to get his 2013 done as well.