S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

DSG Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL.

I have a DSG because I want it. Pure and simple. DSG vs 6MT is one thing, but you also went on to talk about reliability being the reason you didn't get MMI, which is a bit of a stretch.

I have a normal S4 and it is purchased. There are times when leasing makes sense however, like for people who only keep them short term, and your little statement goes again to show your insecurity and false sense of superiority.

You've been posting like a jackass in this entire thread, both figuratively and literally. I guess it shows that you can throw money at trash and give them a nice car, they'll still be trashy.

For the record, you should probably get Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing or something. It really helps your credibility when you can write in complete sentences with proper punctuation and grammar. Well, at least it keeps you from looking like a complete imbecile.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
What do you do for a living again? You "know" so much about Audis? I guess that it is easy nowadays to be a "expert" when you "read" stuff on the internet and regurgitate it,I repair VW/Audi 5 days a week,have rebuilt many engines/transmission/etc....
You sit and read stuff on a computer...quite a difference,I bet you have manicured finger nails.
I own them and performance mod them and drive them. I also read, yes. I don't fix them. I do maintenance on my own cars though...and my hands get dirty occasionally, however I prefer to wear blue nitrile gloves to prevent that. Does this qualify me to be smart yet, or do I have to get actual dirt under the nailbed?

Anyway, not sure how being a mechanic makes you more able to comment on the performance merits of these cars than any of us...especially when as a mechanic, you blew it by being fully unaware of the DRC recall on the RS6/RS4. Is there anything you're good at, besides talking about 'paying cash' for your S4?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Banned

Something just hit me...ALL THAT MONEY FOR 12.1@116!! Damn man,10 years ago I fully built and stand alone tuned myself a 97 VW GTI VR6 with a GT40R at only 20 psi boost,it ran 11.71@125.6 that was with a 1.8 60ft. time!
Let me say that it was not nearly as $$$ as a SC Rs4!!
It is easy to be a"e-tuner"...
It just hit you that a rare, performance Audi (RS4) costs more money than a 5 year old econobox popular with high school students and teenaged weed smoking dropouts? Man, you are not that sharp.

p.s. the APR kit put down a couple of 11.8 @ 116-118 times after that, and the TTS supercharged RS4 ran 11.41 @ 125 a few months ago.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting that my input about another problematic Audi design trunsmisshun wuold get some so defensive & emotional,even resorting to personal attacks on my socioeconomical status and even mmy level of intellamegance not to menshun my typeing type of skillz.
If I hoave no actual nolemedge of thees types of things,why wood you takes it to heart? Just disreegauards it if yuo are so sure of yourselves and your decison making thought process.
Denial....it's not just a river in Egypt.
Saki,
Where did I say I paid cash?
I went in and wrote a cheque for $58,270.00
They looked at my dirty nails and said,"what is that crap under your nails??" I says "That crap is MONEY son".
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
riu
AudiWorld Member

Interesting that my input about another problematic Audi design trunsmisshun wuold get some so defensive & emotional,even resorting to personal attacks on my socioeconomical status and even mmy level of intellamegance not to menshun my typeing type of skillz.
If I hoave no actual nolemedge of thees types of things,why wood you takes it to heart? Just disreegauards it if yuo are so sure of yourselves and your decison making thought process.
Denial....it's not just a river in Egypt.
Saki,
Where did I say I paid cash?
I went in and wrote a cheque for $58,270.00
They looked at my dirty nails and said,"what is that crap under your nails??" I says "That crap is MONEY son".
I read all of this over the last day or two. I did all of this with no comments. But this last one I had to comment on.

I came into this with nothing against you but after reading the last sentence of this paragraph you wrote I want to tell you that you are a huge tool.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well,I can says that in this modern society people tend to get butt-hurt very easily,and white collar types feel very threatened for some reason when they hear that blue collar types can actually do just as well,if not better than they can...
Hey,isn't this topic about crappy DSG transmissions and how they have a spotty track record and can cost 12K to fix? I **thought** that this was the topic,insead you choose to have a e-battel of wits with someone so witless as myself???
How did this turn into another E-nerd attack on a simple down home hard working dirty nails mechanic type?
"Tool",you might as well say "owned" and all of that juvenile computer type stuff,just throw in some cool Gifs while you are at it that always seems to prove a point.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

in this thread: insecure blue collar worker with the grammatical skills of a 6 year old displays the massive chip on his shoulder
Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah,you know,I do have that Adam Lambert hairstyle,carry a man purse(I tell people it is a laptop bag),and am shy about my angry inch,so that does make me a little insecure,for that I apologise,sorry.
I really have to get back to work now,I have a day of surfing then riding vintage motorcycles planned on Saturday. You know,ghetto blue collar,trashy type stuff.
Did I mention that I think DSG transmissions are overly complex mechanisms that are prone to expensive failure? Or did you miss the point?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh my god we have an Arabian Sheik on this forum!

While you're feeling like Daddy Warbucks and all, try not to lose sight of the fact that the S4 is an entry level sport/luxury model and is in the bottom half of the Audi lineup. It's not as if you wrote a check for a 10,000 s.f. mansion, a private Learjet, or a 100 foot yacht.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ooooh...I just love the passive-agressiveness.....
Waffles calls me a "broke *** loser" for buying a "base model S4" because I can't "afford" anything else....
And YOU call me a Arab shiek/daddy Warbucks......
Yeah,you guys make a lot of sense....keep trying.
Hell,if I wanted to "finance" something I would have bought a damn R8!

Quick Reply: DSG Problem