S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

DSG Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can buy a car outright and sell it when the warranty is up; there are options other than leasing.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
Lol......only 12K? Wow,I sure was making much ado about nothing!!
Saki,"chased off a forum"...Being "owned",what is that? Some jr. highschool saying? I don't partcipate by choice. How many times have you been banned from many different forums for being a donkey?
I realised AZ has a bunch of APR sheep,and is a waste of time,it is a very odd forum with a very odd cast of characters,that I wouldn't want to meet in real life,let alone "chat" with these folks,I think it is composed of mainly IT nerds with no real life social skills.

Back to the facts at hand, I addressed your bogus claims on the previous page. You're completely out of touch. Maybe living on an island has gone from literal to figurative, with respect to your Audi product knowledge. Better sharpen your pencil because these forums are full of people who know far more than you ever will.

As for forum banning, I was banned twice

1. quattroworld - a guy threatened to punch me out after I called him out for posting lies...so I found a photo of him and posted it on quattroworld where he posts, and offered to fly to his hometown to give him his best shot (I'm 6'5" 240 lbs). Turns out he was a soft fat slob who couldn't punch out a barbie doll, and his buddies banned me from the site...and he threatened to call the cops if I came near him lol. I guess his e-toughness wore off once reality hit him. I will always do that. If I'm right, and someone is out of line, I'll let them know, and if getting banned is the result, I frankly don't care. Do I want to be a member of a site where the site owner protects lies and misinformation???

2. audizine - APR was lying about their RS4 supercharger needing help from JHM's tuner. The original APR tune the RS4 was barely faster than stock. Their tune was all screwed up. They asked a friend of mine who tunes for JHM (and Ford SVT) for help, and he wrote a file for the car. The car went from 12.7 @ 108 to 12.1 @ 116 just with the tune. They asked him what he wanted for it, and he said 'just credit JHM with helping the tune'. They agreed, then put it in the press release, then deleted it after APR's engineers got butt-hurt and felt embarrassed. They then decided to deny any outside involvement at all...problem is I was there when he re-tuned the car, and a few guys watched it run at the strip back to back to back with the APR file and other files.

I thought that was lame of APR and called them out a few times. Keith from APR was actually on my side, and asked Audizine to un-ban me. Unfortunately Audizine's bread is buttered by Stephen@APR, who was thoroughly embarrassed by the whole thing. No big deal as I had stopped posting on audizine a year earlier.

Anything else you'd like to know? People seem to love to ask about me being banned on two forums whenever they can't deal with facts I present. That's a common theme. Understandable...if you have no facts left to fight with, you start flinging your feces. Problem is you're throwing it at a big fan that will blow it right back at you.

Last edited by sakimano; 08-02-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

What do you do for a living again? You "know" so much about Audis? I guess that it is easy nowadays to be a "expert" when you "read" stuff on the internet and regurgitate it,I repair VW/Audi 5 days a week,have rebuilt many engines/transmission/etc....
You sit and read stuff on a computer...quite a difference,I bet you have manicured finger nails.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Something just hit me...ALL THAT MONEY FOR 12.1@116!! Damn man,10 years ago I fully built and stand alone tuned myself a 97 VW GTI VR6 with a GT40R at only 20 psi boost,it ran 11.71@125.6 that was with a 1.8 60ft. time!
Let me say that it was not nearly as $$$ as a SC Rs4!!
It is easy to be a"e-tuner"...
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default B5S4 to B8 S5

[QUOTE=Talbot;24327103]As a fellow engineer with the same inborn issues, I'll tell you that I'm awaiting delivery on my first ever non-manual transmission in a vehicle.

I'm in same situation as you....never had an AT car (except my truck which tows a trailer) Have had my B5 S4 for 13 years and have my first AT - B8 S5 - on order. Drove both but liked the new crown gear diff on the DSG cars that is not avail on MT cars.
So what are you going to do with the B5?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
Something just hit me...ALL THAT MONEY FOR 12.1@116!! Damn man,10 years ago I fully built and stand alone tuned myself a 97 VW GTI VR6 with a GT40R at only 20 psi boost,it ran 11.71@125.6 that was with a 1.8 60ft. time!
Let me say that it was not nearly as $$$ as a SC Rs4!!
It is easy to be a"e-tuner"...
you can put a rocket engine in a geo metro, you're still a broke *** loser driving around in a geo metro
Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can sit behind a keyboard and type stuff and not actually do anything, and you would still be a guy sitting behind a keyboard typing stuff and not doing anything...........
Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm the guy doing enough to be able to drive a german car and get something more than bare bones, then not having to bull**** about how I'm worried about MMI and Navigation reliability to overcompensate for my own insecurity.

I'm also the guy who finished grade school and can communicate via keyboard without giving the impression that I have down syndrome.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by anthony9999a
Got my car back yesterday. Earlier than expected, which was nice. So far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In case anyone is wondering, I asked to see the invoice that my dealer submits to Audi for warranty work - the cost of the work was almost $12,000.
Thanks for trying to keep this post on track. TT and Saki take it to PM's. I for one am sick of hearing your non-stop negativity.

I owned a AT X3 and it was a nightmare. I got BMW to give me a trade assist to a BM X3. I would prefer to have a MT, but practicing and teaching martial arts 5 out of 7 days a week can take it's toll and then having to drive two hours one way to work, I need an AT. I am hoping to have success with the AT and good to know that they will fix it, instead of sweep it under the carpet like BMWNA tried to do.

In the meantime enjoy your MT and let us try to enjoy our AT's. Stick to the car and stop the chest puffing. It does no good and discredits you.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry if you are "offended",but why is my stating that "in my opinion" the DSG transmission is overcomplex and rife with troubles that will eventually cost $$$.
How is that "chest puffing",please elaborate....
I love how there are "reasons/excuses" why you have to get a DSG..THAT is insecurity right there. Why do you have to justify your choice? Hell,do you really think "I care"? Lol
I couldn;t give a rats *** what anyone else does,I am just stating (again)the simple truth that many German car "automatics" are not reliable in the long run.
Waffles...you are funny,and seem insecure about your "loaded S4",let me guess,it's a LEASE,right?

Quick Reply: DSG Problem