S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
Old 08-09-2016, 12:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Transmission Guides
Print Wikipost

DSG Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSG Maintenance

I just received a FedEx letter from Audi which contains a new insert to the maintenance booklet for MY2010 S4's. It states that the maintenance requirement for 2010 S4's and S5's is "First at 35,000 miles(55,000 km) and thereafter every 40,000 miles (60,000 km) - DSG/S tronic - Change transmission oil." I now have a few questions. For those who purchased AudiCare, will the first change be covered(likely)? Will those who, at the time of purchase, didn't feel AudiCare was worth the expense now be able to purchase the plan at the original price? Does the fluid change also include the Mechatronics fluid, which is seperate from the gear oil? What is the cost of this service if paid by the customer?

I have posed these questions to my dealer and am waiting for responses.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry in Utah
I just received a FedEx letter from Audi which contains a new insert to the maintenance booklet for MY2010 S4's. It states that the maintenance requirement for 2010 S4's and S5's is "First at 35,000 miles(55,000 km) and thereafter every 40,000 miles (60,000 km) - DSG/S tronic - Change transmission oil." I now have a few questions. For those who purchased AudiCare, will the first change be covered(likely)? Will those who, at the time of purchase, didn't feel AudiCare was worth the expense now be able to purchase the plan at the original price? Does the fluid change also include the Mechatronics fluid, which is seperate from the gear oil? What is the cost of this service if paid by the customer?

WHOOOO HOOO!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

YES the first change is covered, the fuild for this alone is about $500, if you have or get DSG, this will pay for itself!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=DSG+service
Old 10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry in Utah

Interesting... Looks like I will be adding Audi care.... I assume all DSG owners will get this letter.... Let us know what the dealer says to your ?'s please.... thanks Ron
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by primetime
Interesting... Looks like I will be adding Audi care.... I assume all DSG owners will get this letter.... Let us know what the dealer says to your ?'s please.... thanks Ron
Hope so, I did a LOT of badgering and legwork on this, and AoA said "According to all our documentation, only the TTS and A3 need servicing" even though I had confirmation that Europe and Asia have the service, but not the US.

One such post bothing Decksurgeon to look in his little black Audi tech manuals:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tronic-(DL501)
Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I sure hope I get my FED EX package soon...I'm at 20,000 miles and I bought new at end of April. And yes...I will be all over my dealer asking what options they have for me. I also decided not to get the AudiCare since there was no mention of a DSG service in the manual and the service dept said it was a lifetime fill.

Interesting turn of events on this topic for sure!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Questions re: DSG Maintenance during European Delivery

I did a little legwork of my own as I picked up my S4 in Ingolstadt and asked questions about DSG maintenance during the delivery orientation. I met with a German engineer who went over the operation of the car with me and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. I asked him if the DSG was really maintenance free. He went away to check and, after talking to others in the technical group, confirmed that maintenance was not required in the new design. Obviously, something has changed due to either new long-term test data, customer concerns in the US (we like the peace of mind that comes with fresh fluids), or both.

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Hope so, I did a LOT of badgering and legwork on this, and AoA said "According to all our documentation, only the TTS and A3 need servicing" even though I had confirmation that Europe and Asia have the service, but not the US.

One such post bothing Decksurgeon to look in his little black Audi tech manuals:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tronic-(DL501)
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just received my FED EX telling me about the new maintenance on the DSG.

I called my dealer and they didn't know anything about it. Waiting to get a call back.

NOT going to be happy of this is included in AudiCare since I chose not to get AudiCare based on the DSG maintenance not being mentioned. The cost/benefit would have easily swayed me to purchase this if it was part of the maintenance program at purchase.

So...we will see how this one shakes out.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Taking my car in for its 15k service on Monday. Is it too late to buy Audi Care? If not then I'm definitely doing so.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Taking my car in for its 15k service on Monday. Is it too late to buy Audi Care? If not then I'm definitely doing so.
Found the answer to my own question in the Audi Care brochure. Quoted:

Audi Care can also be purchased at the full MSRP any time
after the initial sale of the vehicle. A later purchase will
not, however, allow you to roll the cost into your monthly
payment. Service intervals that have already been performed
will not be prorated. To receive the full cost-savings benefits
of Audi Care, it is highly recommended that you purchase
the plan at the time you purchase your vehicle or before the
15K service interval.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You have before the end of year 1 or 15K serivice to sign up.

Quick Reply: DSG Maintenance