S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

For those with Ventureshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with Ventureshield

Hi All, i got ventureshield pre-cut clear bra installed about a week ago. We haven't had much sun or warm weather so there are quite a few bubbles still on the fenders and bumper. My question is i am assuming this is normal and will dry out in time?

Also at the same time had llumar tint done, tint also still has some bubbles, very little and driver side has two dust spots which are barely noticeable just annoying as it is in the line of site. Question here is does this warrant for a re-application? Or am i just being too **** and just live with it?

I know perhaps it cannot always be perfect that is why i am posting to see if anyone else has these small issues as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hard to tell without pics but I'd wait another a week or so and try and park it in direct sun/heat. As for the dust, reason enough for replacement if it bugs you.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know how much is quite a few bubles, but I had maybe 2~4 bubbles on my whole front clearbra which my tint guy took care of by poking at it with a sharp needle and pushing the air out.

even during the 'cure' time, my tint nor clearbra had issues such as noticable bubbles

is he a good installer??
Old 03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try to park the car in the sun for a while. The bra ususally takes at least 1 week to fully dry before you can even wash the car.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Un1k
I don't know how much is quite a few bubles, but I had maybe 2~4 bubbles on my whole front clearbra which my tint guy took care of by poking at it with a sharp needle and pushing the air out.

even during the 'cure' time, my tint nor clearbra had issues such as noticable bubbles

is he a good installer??
One of the more reputable installers in the area. I wrote them an email so see what they say.

Although i just saw on their receipt it says bubbles will last up to three weeks so i guess i'll wait for 3 weeks to really make sure.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No bubbles after 3 days, that is about the average time to get them all out through osmosis.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No bubbles on mine after install, but I have Avery Dennison Nano Fusion, not ventureshield.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

I had one bubble on mine, but it went away in two days. My install was in August, so during that time, I parked outside in the day sun.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

there are different grades of lumar tint and I know that if the dealer does it, they will charge you a premium and outsource it with a low grade lumar film. Forumla 1 is now owned by Lumar and the 2 grades of Forumla 1 are better than most of the lumar grades. Bubbles will almost always appear in every tint install, no matter what the film is. Even with the best film and installer, If you look hard enough, you will find a few in tint apps but they will go away.

As far as the ventuershield goes, I have used 3M in the past and have not had bubbles or coloring issues or any other issues. I would Get the car in the sun and after a week or so, the bubbles should be gone. If not take it back to the installer and he will take care of it. Hopefully you used a CC as Leverage always helps in these cases

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 03-30-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by helix139
No bubbles on mine after install, but I have Avery Dennison Nano Fusion, not ventureshield.
What was the cost...cud you paste some pictures please

Quick Reply: For those with Ventureshield