S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

DIY: Protection screen for intercooling radiator

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orderedanalog
Any luck with getting the details on this part? I saw it in ECStuning but it says "grill" and costs 91$... not too sure though without a picture or more details
I ordered the grill for $79 from audipartssuperstore.com, which was or is Clair parts, on Monday. They said I should have it by the end of the week. I'll take pictures of it what I get it and when I install it. I'm hoping I can use NWS4Guy's DIY and install it from the top. I also hope I can figure out how the clips work when I see them.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I couldn't find it on that website. What did you order exactly? No S4 grill under S4.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I couldn't find it on that website. What did you order exactly? No S4 grill under S4.
I contacted them using "Contact Us" and asked them about the part number I posted earlier. It isn't on their website.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by faijai
Thumbs up for the DIY NWS4Guy, i was working on this and what i realized is that i don't have the home direct link cable so i can clamp the mesh to...anybody with suggestions? I don't think zip ties would work coz it might melt with all that heat no ?
I did the same disassembly as NWS4guy except that I took off the license plate holder as well. This allowed me to use some wire ties to secure it to the back of the grill. The license plate holder will conceal some of the ties. I also did the same to the vent by the drivers side fog light. Sorry I don't have assembly pics like NWS4guy. It's pretty easy taking everything apart, you just need a little creativity to find out what will work for you. Personally I think something is better than nothing at all.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toppernh
I contacted them using "Contact Us" and asked them about the part number I posted earlier. It isn't on their website.
I see. I will decide to order or not after you install yours.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kczach
I did the same disassembly as NWS4guy except that I took off the license plate holder as well. This allowed me to use some wire ties to secure it to the back of the grill. The license plate holder will conceal some of the ties. I also did the same to the vent by the drivers side fog light. Sorry I don't have assembly pics like NWS4guy. It's pretty easy taking everything apart, you just need a little creativity to find out what will work for you. Personally I think something is better than nothing at all.
thanks man !
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Toppernh
Has anybody seen what the Audi OEM intercooler radiator grill 8K0 820 746 C looks like? It attaches to the grill with 9 clips 8K0 867 646.
It is part of options 1SH = Additional engine and transmission guard or
1SJ = Additional engine and transmission guard.
It looks like it would be about $100 for the parts. I was thinking of going this way rather than making my own.
OK this seems to be the image of the protective grille for the SC intercooler radiator (from a Russian web page?). See number 16 which is the grille & number 17 the clips. It is on the ECStung website, but you need to take the spaces out of the part number 8K0820746C.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good find, I would love to see a pic of it from ECS though.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Good find, I would love to see a pic of it from ECS though.
The listing from ECS does not have a picture.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm assuming the bumper has to come off for the install of the OEM Audi grill.

Quick Reply: DIY: Protection screen for intercooling radiator