S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Differences between Canadian and U.S. models?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xtr3ma
It cost more here and less discount.

We get more standard features that are options in US but we have less configurations.

Overall, especially now $cdn is close to par of US, the Euro is in the toilet as well, our cars just seem stupidly expensive.

In Calgary, it's basically a monopoly so you get 0 discount. They give it to you @ MSRP and upsale a bunch of stuff and make it like they are doing you a favor.
Glenmore Audi is a joke. All I could get is Audi care and winter floor mats thrown in. The same people own Royal Oak so it is a monopoly.The service is terrible and my SA gave out false information all the time. Was forced into paying for mud flaps and wheel locks. Found the same guy that they get to do there 3m protection for half price. etc. Wondering if Royal oak is any better? Anyone?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CadV8
Do the headlights turn on automatically at night on the Canadian standard trim? I think I read somewhere that automatic headlights are not standard on US models. What about adaptive headlights?
Ya LEDs are our daylight running lights in Canada, not a bad thing as they really cool.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
Ya LEDs are our daylight running lights in Canada, not a bad thing as they really cool.

I'm not talking about the daytime LED's, What I meant was do the main xenons come on automatically when it senses low light? Is this standard option? I read somewhere that on US models you have to turn the switch to the "On" position on the standard model trim. Is this the same on Canadian? Also, are adaptive headlights only on the Premium trim in Canada? Can any Canadians here confirm either?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Canadian standard S4s have an auto setting on the light switch, which will turn on the xenons under low light conditions.
Adaptive headlight is on the Premium trim
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mitche2010s4
Glenmore Audi is a joke. All I could get is Audi care and winter floor mats thrown in. The same people own Royal Oak so it is a monopoly.The service is terrible and my SA gave out false information all the time. Was forced into paying for mud flaps and wheel locks. Found the same guy that they get to do there 3m protection for half price. etc. Wondering if Royal oak is any better? Anyone?
I originally went to Glenmore Audi and hated the guy, he didn't take me seriously and was the slowest SA I've ever met. He walked slow, talked slow, typed slow and moved his computer mouse slow it was so frustrating so I ended up going to Royal Oak Audi instead. I had a good experience at Royal Oak but just like you all I got was Audi Care and winter floor mats thrown in. I actually called Richmond Audi in BC and they were willing to send me the car I wanted with Audi Care, winter floor mats, and $1000 off and they were going to pay all of the shipping costs. I ended up buying at Royal Oak anyways since they told me that if I needed to get my car serviced that they wouldn't lend me a loaner vehicle unless the car was purchased from Glenmore or Royal Oak.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mitche2010s4

I got mine from Royal Oak since I'm in the North. You actually got winter mat and I didn't, otherwise it's exactly the same. But I didn't asked for it because I know I'm going Weathertech.

For tint and 3M, I'm going to Tinting Illusion. Who is doing yours?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got mine from Royal Oak since I'm in the North. You actually got winter mat and I didn't, otherwise it's exactly the same. But I didn't asked for it because I know I'm going Weathertech.

I forget what they are called. Is what happened is I called and told them that I didn't want them to put it on before I picked it up because I had got a better quote. Later got a call saying that they would match the price so they put it on before I picked it up. Something like Thompson tint? Can't remember but he contracts for a few dealerships. Forgot about asking for a roof rack as well. I will check the price when I get a chance to look it up. Something like $350 for front and mirrors. Looks great! Not going for tint
Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is yours in yet? What color and options etc. How long was your wait? I ordered in Aug. and it didn't get here till Jan.6th. I was losing my mind.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone did Vag mods to their car?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Canadian models have headlight wipers, US models don't.

US models have automatic headlights at night, just like Canadian.

Quick Reply: Differences between Canadian and U.S. models?