S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Difference between Prestige & Premium Plus w/extra options

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let me get this straight. A P+ S4 w/ B/O & MMI Nav will not play DVD's?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audicted2quattro
So let me get this straight. A P+ S4 w/ B/O & MMI Nav will not play DVD's?
Wrong, I have this and have played DVDs.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ditto & I've used VAG-COM so my Prem+ will play videos in motion (VIM). Note that VAG-COM doesn't re-write the ECU, it just allows you to enable options already present in the S4 that aren't enabled as standard for the market you're in (the US in my case). VIM is a European option that is disabled in the US but can be easily switched on with VAG-COM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Breaking it down, Prestige adds $6,100 to the Prem+ price.
So looking at the invidual pieces of the 'Prestige' package:
$2500 Nav+/3G MMI/Color Info System/Voice Control
$900 19" Wheels/Tires
$850 B&O Sound System
$4250 - Total

So the remaining $1850 gets you:
- Advanced Key, Keyless Start/Stop
- Auto Dimming Mirrors/Compass
- Auto Memory Seats

It'll be worth not having to manually move the seats/mirrors after my fiancée drives

Does Prem+ get Voice Control? I haven't really used it, but...I do like the 19s! LOL

OK nevermind - I just read a post that said is does have it!

Last edited by drrick89; 02-16-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep does have it. Nav gives you VC and on the Premium+ it also gives you the backup camera. Sucks that you have to add lane assit to get the camera in Prestige.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Wrong, I have this and have played DVDs.
At the same time that you "carve and dissect my way through traffic" (according to your sig?). I'm keeping an eye out for that red S5 and giving it a wide birth<g>.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Prestige vs Premium +

so i know this thread is old but when configuring the 2012 s4 on audi usa website the only thing I see different for the $2000 delta is the adaptive headlights. Furthermore since I want to lease, there is an additional 2% difference in residual values.

So unless I decide to thow in ADS (which only seems to be available for prestige) I don't know if it is really worth it.

BTW: Are there any extra buttons on the dash cluster related to ADS (as stupid as it sounds - I like Audi over other cars because of all the cool buttons everywhere).
Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I spent a long time looking at this as well.

Prestige has 3 things PS doesn't have
(1) (As you said) adaptive headlights
(2) Audi side assist
(3) Leather armrests

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
so i know this thread is old but when configuring the 2012 s4 on audi usa website the only thing I see different for the $2000 delta is the adaptive headlights. Furthermore since I want to lease, there is an additional 2% difference in residual values.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, it makes absolutely no sense that a premium plus with all options toward prestige (except side assist, stitched nappa armrests, and adaptive headlight which aren't available as individual options) is worth more than a prestige that has those 3 options. This has to be a mistake that hasn't been caught yet.

In dollar terms, no other options added in, the premium plus has a residual value of $27706 after 3 years, while the prestige, which has those 3 extra options but is otherwise identical, has a residual value of $27012. How could those 3 options have negative value? Sure those 3 options may not be worth the $1950 MSRP Audi charges, but NEGATIVE $700 after 3 years??

So I guess if there's a chance you may buy the car at lease end the prestige could make sense (in the private sale market, based on KBB.com figures, the prestige is worth about 4% more than the comparable premium plus, BUT...none of the online car pricing guides give any premium for the sport differential or the ADS, which also makes no sense. KBB is the only one that has a check box to add value for the prestige (at least that was true several months ago when I was still looking), but nothing for ADS or SDiff).
Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess you are talking about lease residual value here?

Ya the values are pretty much out of line with reality, so if leasing the car, we are all subject to what Audi Finance comes up arbituarily here.

I went with leasing a Premium Plus though, as you said it's a better deal financially and I can live without the 3 extra Prestige features.

Originally Posted by EF99
In dollar terms, no other options added in, the premium plus has a residual value of $27706 after 3 years, while the prestige, which has those 3 extra options but is otherwise identical, has a residual value of $27012. How could those 3 options have negative value? Sure those 3 options may not be worth the $1950 MSRP Audi charges, but NEGATIVE $700 after 3 years??

Quick Reply: Difference between Prestige & Premium Plus w/extra options