Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 285750

Default Dash trim - alu optic vs gloss black

Hi guys,

Just noticed my 2014 S4 has gloss black trim with silver accents around the dash (instrument cluster). Most of the pics I have seen of the s4 interior have these pieces finished in a matte silver finish. I was wondering if the gloss black is an update for 2014 or if it comes with some other option I have (black interior w Napa? Layered wood trim?).

Thanks,
HDC
HDCS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 242986

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCS4 View Post
Hi guys,

Just noticed my 2014 S4 has gloss black trim with silver accents around the dash (instrument cluster). Most of the pics I have seen of the s4 interior have these pieces finished in a matte silver finish. I was wondering if the gloss black is an update for 2014 or if it comes with some other option I have (black interior w Napa? Layered wood trim?).

Thanks,
HDC
Hey, I'm not sure if this comes with the layered wood trim but it did come with my 2013 S4 when added the stainless steel mesh trim and compared to the silver plastic it looks more high-end IMO.

Current:
2013 Audi S4 Premium+|Ice Silver|6MT|B&O|
Sports Diff|MMI|Advance Key|
2012 Audi Q5 2.0T|Premium+|White|B&O|
Advance Key|Black Leather|

Past:
2008 Audi A4 2.0T|S-Line|Silver|Nav|Xenon|
2010 Audi A3 2.0T|Premium Plus|White|
2007 VW Passat 2.0T
1999 Audi A3 1.8T
shivamerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 53054

2014/15 It came with the Layered wood. Pre 2014 cars with SS inlays also had Black trim. IMHO they all should have been that way except perhaps those with Alum trim.

Last edited by DrGP; 07-13-2014 at 09:25 AM.
DrGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 279534

Yup, it came with the Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays option. That was one reason I opt for the alum/black wood. I would say the alum/black wood brings out the elegance of the interior as well. Well worth it IMHO!
2015 Audi S4 Prestige | Moonlight Blue Metallic | Black/Magma Red Fine Nappa | 7-Speed S-Tronic | 19" 5-segment Spoke Wheels | Sports Differential | Adaptive Damping Suspension | Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays | B&O
AerotusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 285750

Thanks for the info. All of a sudden I am even more glad I got the layered wood option. Audi should probably point out that the option includes different dash trim as it might help to justify its cost for some buyers.

Cheers,
NM
HDCS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 279534

That is so true! The salesperson I asked didn't even know what dash trim comes with the alum layered wood. The dealer didn't have any sample or other S4 with this trim on the lot. I did a lot of search on the web to see pictures before ordering it. I'm glad I made the right choice.

Click the image to open in full size.
2015 Audi S4 Prestige | Moonlight Blue Metallic | Black/Magma Red Fine Nappa | 7-Speed S-Tronic | 19" 5-segment Spoke Wheels | Sports Differential | Adaptive Damping Suspension | Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays | B&O
AerotusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
AudiWorld Uber User
Account #: 1158

While getting it was a nightmare, Carbon fiber is the real winner for dash trim

CF dash bezel

All CF interior

| 2013 S4 P+ | Moonlight Blue | Black&Silver Alcantara | Flappy Paddle Gearbox | Sport Diff | ADS | Google Nav | B&O | CF | Wireless Key | SC Badges |
Bobby Kinstle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle View Post
While getting it was a nightmare, Carbon fiber is the real winner for dash trim

CF dash bezel

All CF interior
If your car has CF trim you are correct. But the Piano black/satin black looks good as well. And as much I disliked the silver trim on the pre 2013 cars, Audi changed the color to a more titanium shade on the 2013+ cars that actually looked ok to me.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 260128

I have the layered black wood/aluminum panels with the piano black dash instrument cluster trim and it looks good, and while I can't comment on the aluminum trim, I find the piano black trim to constantly make creaking plastic sounds and "popping" noises over bumps. So much so, I was thinking of getting the trim wrapped in vinyl. The only thing holding me back is whether it would be effective in dampening the creaks, and what color/pattern to do. Wrapping it in aluminum vinyl might look out of place, as would CF. Suggestion welcome.
Ycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
I have the layered black wood/aluminum panels with the piano black dash instrument cluster trim and it looks good, and while I can't comment on the aluminum trim, I find the piano black trim to constantly make creaking plastic sounds and "popping" noises over bumps. So much so, I was thinking of getting the trim wrapped in vinyl. The only thing holding me back is whether it would be effective in dampening the creaks, and what color/pattern to do. Wrapping it in aluminum vinyl might look out of place, as would CF. Suggestion welcome.
I would take the car back to the dealer. They can easily remove the trim without damaging it an place some type of shim or adhesive to stop the creaking. it should not make noise.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement