S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Comments on this 2013 S4 setup and negotiated price

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on this 2013 S4 setup and negotiated price

So this is the current offer I negotiated for the setup I plan to go with:

MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice)for:

8K254Y - S4 Premium Plus with 7-speed S-Tronic
P5P5 - Ice Silver Metallic
Q4Q - Eight-way power S Sport seats...
N7N - Leather
SU - Black with Lunar Silver Alcantara
PDU - Sport Differential
PQ6 - 19" 5-segment wheels with summer tires
9VK - B&O Sound System
Supercharged Badges

$500 deposit to order car. $820 for Audi Care. $695 bank fee. No document fee; no dealer set up fee. Only first month payment and DMV fees due at signing; $500 deposit will be applied to what is due at signing.

If ordered in October 2012, I can take advantage of the October 2012 lease programs -or- the programs in effect when I take delivery, which ever is the better program.

I have all of the above in writing from the dealership.

Comments? Thoughts? Anything seem suspect? I think it sounds like a pretty solid deal. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wtf is "bank fee" and why aren't you getting nav
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also don't get the bank fee. Is this a title fee perhaps? Often, doc and bank fees are added BS, that help the dealer pad his profit. Dealer fees should always be turned down. Do you charge you customers so you can advertise, use A/C, water, and electricity? That's the dealer's own responsibility to take care of- the normal, day to day expenses.

You also did not mention the dealer holdback. This is a check the manufacturer pays the dealer for every car he/she sells. It's some percentage, but I forget which. When negotiating, keep in mind the dealer will be making hundreds more ontop of your deal. This should be used as leverage too.

Good luck! Sounds like a sharp car.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The sources I can see online say Audi doesn't use holdbacks, but certainly there are incentives for selling a target number of cars and so on. The details are really their own business though.

Bank fee? Maybe makes sense if the lease is being arranged by someone other than VW (Audi) Finance. Dunno.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moose_head
The sources I can see online say Audi doesn't use holdbacks, but certainly there are incentives for selling a target number of cars and so on. The details are really their own business though.

Bank fee? Maybe makes sense if the lease is being arranged by someone other than VW (Audi) Finance. Dunno.
You are correct, Audi does not have dealer holdback. Thanks for the correction.
You bring up a good point about factory to dealer incentives. Some of these may be visible to the public, others may not. If not already, it may be helpful to go to Edmunds.com and check what is cooking for Audi.
Also, as the year winds down, deals usually get better around Christmas time, when the weather is too cold and people are more focused on the holidays.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by waffles
Wtf is "bank fee" and why aren't you getting nav
It sounds to me like it's the acquisition fee and the op is leasing the vehicle. If so, this would make sense to me. The deal would be fair as those paying $500 above invoice usually pay a documentation fee. If leasing, I would reverse calculate the payment amount which the FI person should be able to provide.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you're leasing the car, get the MF and residual and recalculate your payments. I've done it for all the quotes i got and this calculator was quite accurate. It helps you also see how much money you're paying in interest as well. Good luck.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NHman
It sounds to me like it's the acquisition fee and the op is leasing the vehicle. If so, this would make sense to me. The deal would be fair as those paying $500 above invoice usually pay a documentation fee. If leasing, I would reverse calculate the payment amount which the FI person should be able to provide.
Yes, its the acquisition fee. I am leasing the car. It has always been my understanding from reading the Edmunds.com forums that this $695 fee is standard and is not waived on an Audi lease. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am not getting NAV because the it is not worth $3K to me. I'm not a gadget guy, and 99% of the time, I do not need a GPS to tell me where to go.It's as simple as that. However, I took others advice here and am going to go for the B&O Sound and two-tone interior.

I know the October MF and Residuals, and the dealer confirmed them in writing. I will take delivery of the car last February, so it will be easy to ascertain and confirm the lease programs for that month and double check that against the monthly figure the dealer provides.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KZEVO
If you're leasing the car, get the MF and residual and recalculate your payments. I've done it for all the quotes i got and this calculator was quite accurate. It helps you also see how much money you're paying in interest as well. Good luck.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
I negotiate from the sales price, not the monthly payment. I'm familiar with the lease calculators, and will, of course, run my own numbers before sitting at the table to sign anything. Last winter, the interest rates were about half of what they are now on a lease of an S4. I am hoping that downward trend returns; otherwise, I know what I am getting into based on the October numbers. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I find it interesting that in this thread, it is suggested that I play hardball based upon an undetermined dealer holdback percentage, but in another thread was called out for trying to negotiate the sales price down a few hundred dollars. Strange.

Anyway, now that we have cleared up that the "bank fee" is in fact the "acquisition fee" (my terminology mistake), has anyone who has leased an Audi recently specifically had the acquisition fee waived or reduced?

Does it sound accurate that I should be able to take advantage of the lease programs in place at the time of ordering the car -or- when taking delivery, or do you think the dealer is blowing smoke? Again, I have all this in writing from the dealer.

And to clarify the above, I know NAV offers more than just GPS; but I cannot justify another $3K for technology I will not use.

Quick Reply: Comments on this 2013 S4 setup and negotiated price