S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Can Someone..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Someone..

Give me a run down on what options to look for when purchasing a 2010 S4? I looked for sticky'd threads or a FAQ thread but couldn't find one, so sorry if this info is already posted somewhere but i'm looking to buy a 2010 S4 and it will be my first Audi .. what option can I NOT go without? Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

most important is sport differential. Every thread I've read regarding sport diff has mentioned this as a must. Those that didn't have it, either wish they did, and some have even traded up their cars for this option.

I think it should come standard, but since it doesn't, I would look to that as a must have option. All others would be a matter of personal choice.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If I did it again:

Sport Diff
B&O sound

I would not get MMI, i would get a $100 garmin and be done with it. I would prefer the 18" wheels, over the 19s (lighter & cheaper tires).
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audiblitz
If I did it again:

Sport Diff
B&O sound

I would not get MMI, i would get a $100 garmin and be done with it. I would prefer the 18" wheels, over the 19s (lighter & cheaper tires).
All S4s have MMI. Not all MMIs have nav. 18" wheels are lighter, but this car does not look right with them. I swapped my 18s for 19s and now when I look and pictures of my car with 18s I cringe. BUT I was never a big fan of the 19" stock "peeler" wheels. But the look is growing on me and IMHO, much better than the 18" style
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

where are you from? US or Canada? There are different options in both countries. For example, in Canada, we were fortunate to have the option of 5 arm titanium rotor wheels as an option in 19" which IMO looks wicked, love them. Also, some of the models are different at each level. I think in the US, there are a lot of individual options, whereas in Canada, you get 2 levels, and a lot comes standard within each of those levels, can't single out things like adaptive lights, or push start etc
Originally Posted by BuiltForWar914
Give me a run down on what options to look for when purchasing a 2010 S4? I looked for sticky'd threads or a FAQ thread but couldn't find one, so sorry if this info is already posted somewhere but i'm looking to buy a 2010 S4 and it will be my first Audi .. what option can I NOT go without? Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
where are you from? US or Canada? There are different options in both countries. For example, in Canada, we were fortunate to have the option of 5 arm titanium rotor wheels as an option in 19" which IMO looks wicked, love them. Also, some of the models are different at each level. I think in the US, there are a lot of individual options, whereas in Canada, you get 2 levels, and a lot comes standard within each of those levels, can't single out things like adaptive lights, or push start etc
Hey, yeah i'm here in the US. And it does seem that there are alot of individual options
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BuiltForWar914
Hey, yeah i'm here in the US. And it does seem that there are alot of individual options
It's almost better that way to have a lot of options, so I will chime out as I won't be much help being in Canada. Hopefully the other US guys can help you out. B&O came with the level I ordered, so I didn't put that in, but I still think US or Canada, sport diff is a must have! Good luck!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you're looking at a Prestige it will come with Bang & Olufsen, advanced key, Nav and memory for the seats and mirrors. Need the sports diff. Driver assist package will give you side assist, backup camera with sensors
Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nuccadoc
most important is sport differential. Every thread I've read regarding sport diff has mentioned this as a must. Those that didn't have it, either wish they did, and some have even traded up their cars for this option.

I think it should come standard, but since it doesn't, I would look to that as a must have option. All others would be a matter of personal choice.
Ding, Ding, Ding. This is your answer. Stop reading now.