S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Body Shop Info

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop Info

I guess it was just a matter of time, I just didn't think it would happen so soon...... the car got hit. 1500 miles on the car and I dont even have my plates yet. I was parked in a perfectly safe and legal place, but that didnt stop an elderly woman from backing her car right into the side of mine. I have a basketball sized mark right where the rear drivers side door and rear fender meet. Im not going to make a big deal out of it I just want it fixed so that Id never know it happened.

My question is about body shops, after talking to my insurance company, USAA, they gave me the name of their recommended shop.I tend to trust USAA because they have exceptional service, I just want to know if anyone has ever heard of KEENAN AUTO BODY.

KEENAN AUTO BODY only has locations in the delaware, NJ, Philly area, and from the reviews Ive seen, it looks to be a notable shop. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would see who your local Audi dealer uses as a body shop.

Bruce
Old 09-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I would see who your local Audi dealer uses as a body shop.

Bruce
Done, I got the car from Winner Audi so naturally they said go to Winner Collision Center, which makes sense. Im gonna call them up and see if they have any reviews online. I just really hope I get my "New Car" excitment back after its fixed, kinda put a damper on the whole thing.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The following link is to Audi's authorized collision repair centers. I would NOT take your car to a body shop that isn't on this list.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...collision.html
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
The following link is to Audi's authorized collision repair centers. I would NOT take your car to a body shop that isn't on this list.

I've been using the same DC-area body shop for 20 years through deer, kids, a wife who can't seem to back up without hitting something (I don't let her drive my car, seriously), parking lot hit-and-runs and everything else you can think of. They do perfect work fast and at a reasonable price. They aren't on that list.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
awc
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clochner

Man...bad news for me if my car ever gets damaged. The nearest one of those to me is almost 3 hours away.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks! On the bright side, it's purely cosmetic, no one was hurt, and it isn't going to affect the driving quality of the car at all. Sounds like you've got a couple of options there. I bet they'll have It fixed up in no time and you can get back to what matters - enjoying this awesome car.

Keep us posted. I'm sure others would be interested in seeing before and after photos. I know I would.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brandonb
That sucks! On the bright side, it's purely cosmetic, no one was hurt, and it isn't going to affect the driving quality of the car at all. Sounds like you've got a couple of options there. I bet they'll have It fixed up in no time and you can get back to what matters - enjoying this awesome car.

Keep us posted. I'm sure others would be interested in seeing before and after photos. I know I would.
You are right, that is the bright side, talk about a buzz kill though. Once I get the insurance stuff finished Ill put up some pictures and do a before and after. Ill also let yas know who I go to for the fix.