S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Best Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tmarks91
Does the short shifter make that big of a different when driving, Also hows the Apr intake?
The short shifter makes a HUGE difference in the driving experience. No more slop, only crisp throws as short or long as you want them with the shifter at any height you choose.

As far as the APR intake, I had it and I'm now running Roc Euro. Logs have shown that open element intakes provide the greatest performance benefit on this platform. The fastest cars seem to be running it also.

Originally Posted by Tmarks91
How's the alu kreuz help?
It significantly reduces torsional flex in the front subframe, allowing the suspension to do what it was designed to do and increasing the rigidity of the supporting structures around the steering rack resulting in increased road feel, more direct inputs, and more predictable response under torsional load. In layman's terms, the car feels more connected to the road.

Like others, I'd also suggest adding the USS end links and bars. There's no perceivable increase in NVH but the car definitely feels more on rails and it stops it from rolling over onto the sidewall of the outside tire in turns, in addition to complementing the function of the sport differential and facilitating predictable rotation of the car.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you guys purchase your short shifter? Looking into one now as well as an sflo intake, any suggestions?