S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Best Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Performance Mods

Just bought a 2010 Sprint Blue 6 speed Manuel S4 and am already interested in modding. My first interest was an exhaust however, nothing too much louder than stock. Any suggestions on where to start?
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tmarks91
Just bought a 2010 Sprint Blue 6 speed Manuel S4 and am already interested in modding. My first interest was an exhaust however, nothing too much louder than stock. Any suggestions on where to start?
MILTEK Full Resonated seems to be the least intrusive I think. Go on youTube and you can hear most of them from MILTEK, APR, AWE, and even Magnaflow I think. The first three I listed seem to be the most popular and also the most pricey. I would start with other mods first to be honest. #1 Eurocode Meisterwerk Short throw shifter; #2 Eurocode Tuning Alu Kreuz, #3, Eurocode SwayBars and End Links. Anyway, that's what I'm doing. I just got the shifter and Alu Kreuz installed and what an amazing difference it is. If you're interested in ECU upgrades and pulley replacement then APR is probably the way to go. My .02. Hope this helps you.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does the short shifter make that big of a different when driving, Also hows the Apr intake?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tmarks91
..., Also hows the Apr intake?
I'd steer clear of APR's intake for the B8 cars. Fitment has been a problem. Their carbon fiber part that attaches to the top of the factory airbox do look very nice under the hood, but did not fit well at all.

Do yourself (and your wallet) a favor and do some research on this and other forums for the fitment issues before you buy.

I replaced mine with a Stratmosphere (now Roc-Euro) intake, and have had zero complaints.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alu Kreuz
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Goony
Alu Kreuz
How r the gains for headers? Is there anything I can do other than get an exaust to make the car slightly louder? What would be most ideal first mod for my car? Thinking about the short shifter
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How's the alu kreuz help?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the APR intake on my car with zero fitment issues whatsoever. It looks very nice but its price tag is a turn off for a lot of people. I run it because it has full enclosure from the engine bay. But, because of this, the supercharger whine is not as loud as the open element intakes.

I have the APR exhaust on my car as well and it is very tame. However, if headers are in your future the Milltek system will be a better match, EuroCode actually recommends them together. Your car will be loud.

I have all the EuroCode goodies on my car as well, the end links, sway bars, alu kreuz, and short shifter. The other posters are right in that the shifter removes a lot of slop. The other mods will help stiffen up the chassis.

In terms of most rewarding mods I've done so far my top would be: exhaust, short shifter, and wheels.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the exhaust is foremost in your mind, try this...

Take the large resonator in the center, remove it, add the magnaflow x-pipe, and put some nicer tips (optional) on the rear mufflers... About 150 to 200 installed, and it will give you what you are looking for... No need to spend a grand just to get a little more "sport" noise out of the exhausts... After that, it's up to you, handling or power?

Hope this helps!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Foogie
#1 Eurocode Meisterwerk Short throw shifter; #2 Eurocode Tuning Alu Kreuz, #3, Eurocode SwayBars and End Links. Anyway, that's what I'm doing. I just got the shifter and Alu Kreuz installed and what an amazing difference it is. If you're interested in ECU upgrades and pulley replacement then APR is probably the way to go. My .02. Hope this helps you.
+1

My next mod will probably be APR Stage 2 + pulley

Quick Reply: Best Performance Mods