S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

What DVD blanks work for the MMI 3G

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DVD blanks work for the MMI 3G

Also have a post on Audizine for this but thought maybe I would find someone over here that knows the exact answer...

So here is the deal - I am trying to make DVD's for my car off originals.

I am using a Mac and the software I am running to create the DVDs is iSkysoft DVD Copy Pro.

I have tried Memorex DVD-R & DVD-RW. I have also tried Sony DVD+R and Memorex DVD+R and what is happening is that the movie will display the first few production company names, etc and then crap out before getting to the menu. All of my copies are working when playing on the Mac but will not work in the MMI system...eventually it spools for awhile and then goes to the MMI Media menu with "unreadable".

Does someone know the exact brand and type of DVD blanks I need to buy that actually work in the car? Also, I am wondering if the iSkysoft is missing the "rip" part in the software...so does anyone else on this forum run a mac and have successfully made DVDs for the 3G MMI system? If so, which software are you running to make them?

Thanks all!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had success with TDK DVD-R media.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stealthall
Also have a post on Audizine for this but thought maybe I would find someone over here that knows the exact answer...

So here is the deal - I am trying to make DVD's for my car off originals.

I am using a Mac and the software I am running to create the DVDs is iSkysoft DVD Copy Pro.

I have tried Memorex DVD-R & DVD-RW. I have also tried Sony DVD+R and Memorex DVD+R and what is happening is that the movie will display the first few production company names, etc and then crap out before getting to the menu. All of my copies are working when playing on the Mac but will not work in the MMI system...eventually it spools for awhile and then goes to the MMI Media menu with "unreadable".

Does someone know the exact brand and type of DVD blanks I need to buy that actually work in the car? Also, I am wondering if the iSkysoft is missing the "rip" part in the software...so does anyone else on this forum run a mac and have successfully made DVDs for the 3G MMI system? If so, which software are you running to make them?

Thanks all!

Did you ever figure this out? i am having the same trouble when i try and burn dvds. I am using Aimersoft to burn and it works on my Xbox One but says "unreadable" in my Audi.