S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Available NOW - Revo Technik Software

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Available NOW - Revo Technik Software

Just in time for our Winter Sale Event:

Stage 1 - Switchable software - Available Now

Old 11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RevoTechnikGM
Just in time for our Winter Sale Event:

Stage 1 - Switchable software - Available Now

Any videos of the car running this tune?
What type of tune is this, does the ECU need to be sent to you?
What is a serial port switch and how would one go about switching programs using your tune?

Last edited by FatalBert; 11-23-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FatalBert
Any videos of the car running this tune?
No videos yet. Stay tuned though as we have some plans over the holiday break.

What type of tune is this, does the ECU need to be sent to you?
It is a "flash", but the ECU does need to be removed and unlocked.
Once unlocked, all of the flashing and switching can be done through the OBD2 port. This will include being able to flash an upgrade to Stage 2 once that is released.
(no other tuner is offering this yet)
No ETA on Stage 2 as of yet, but it is in testing phase.

What is a serial port switch and how would one go about switching programs using your tune?
Our switching is controlled through a hand held device which plugs directly into your OBD2 port.

It's by far the quickest, simplest, and most convenient method of switching available. It literally takes seconds to go from stock, to the performance mode of your choice, and back to stock again.

The SPS device will also work on any Revo equipped vehicle, so if your second car is a 2.0T GTi, you'll only need one SPS device.
If you sell your S4 and buy another car in the future that can use Revo Technik software, your SPS will work on that car as well.

And in the event that you jump ship and end up with a BMW or Mercedes...OK...it won't work there...but you will be able to sell it another Revo Technik user.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Are you planning to work with an existing pulley manufacturer, or design your own?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Are you planning to work with an existing pulley manufacturer, or design your own?
Our Stage 2, when it's available (NO ETA Yet), will include the pulley / belt / and tool.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Not sure why the image link wasn't working...

Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

When combined with our Winter Sale...

...You can have a Fully Loaded ECU, w/ hand held switching for $1099.

STOCK + 91 Octane + 93 Octane + Race Fuel
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't look like REVO is a sponsor, so it should be fair game to kick start this thread...

I'm kind of surprised there has been no discussion over here regarding Auditude's AZ thread on this.

It would be interesting to hear what some of the AW folks like Prime and Saki have to say about his results:

-12.4@112.88, 1.831 60', DA of negative 1300, 40F; and
-387 hp on Dyno Dynamics (75ish delta vs. several stock B8 S4s on same dyno, 4th gear pull; someone with APR pulley, intake, exhaust dyno'd 373 on same dyno).

Both results from this last weekend.

He said that "his" car (I'm assuming this is still his father's car) is stock other than the REVO 93 tune. Same car recently ran 13.1@105 bone stock.

Unlike with the KevKev debacle, several reputable members went with him, and they have inside/outside videos, timeslips, and data logging. Of course, Auditude's reputation is still tainted, but the folks over at AZ have made no mention of it and everyone is positively giddy.

Quoting from tsivas27's summary of the logs:

Originally Posted by tsivas27
The max I saw in boost with my APR stage I ecu tune was 2019 hPa or about 14.58 psi (vag com and boost gauge) but my stage I was running very strong. I don't believe any Stage I cars were running 15 psi. 15-16 psi was seen with the pulley upgrade cars. My stage I+ was running dead even (third gear runs) with a stage 2+ B8 (apexit), on several runs we did before I was Stage II.

I helped logged the Revo car (as I am the local Vag com logging junkie). I don't know the details about the tune.. was told it was 93.

Boost was pretty similar to my stage I APR.

3000 rpms - 11.1 psi
4000 rpms - 12.8 psi
5000 rpms- 13.01 psi
6000 rpms- 13.52 psi
6900 rpms- 14.13 psi

The Revo car did request 2000 hPA or 14.3 PSI from 2500 RPms- up and ~15.5 psi up top though, something I don't think the Stasis car requested below. The bypass valve also was completely shut from 2200 rpms to 6900 rpms.

The boost was on par with what I was seeing with my own car logs when I was Stage I. Trinacria's DSG APR Stage I boost levels were a tad lower with all the logs I compiled for him. He never hit more than 13.5 psi. Primetime also never hit high boost numbers (over 14 psi) with his Stage I when I was looking at his data logs he sent me. We have been sharing data logs for a few months. There is so much variance in boost from every car I have logged, depending on weather conditions, weight in car (1 or 2 passengers), even simple pedal pressure to avoid kick down in the DSG.

The major differences I saw with the Revo Stage I logs that stuck out were in timing, A/F ratios and MAF values. I was seeing 18-19 degrees of advance with the APR stage I tune in the upper RPMs, and the Revo was a little more aggressive with an ignition angle of 21-23 degrees up top. There was also almost zero timing pull from all 6 cylinders on the timing logs we did. I logged my APR Stage 2 100 file last night and I was seeing 23-25 degrees of ignition advance up top. MAF values also are very good for the Revo car. On par with my AWE/modified intake numbers that I have seen increase from my stock runs. And he has a stock air box. Again- I don't know how MAF values can be increased or manipulated through computer management- but they are very good numbers and helped hint to me the night before the dyno that the car was gonna dyno high.

The dyno run also confirmed a much richer mixture than the APR tune (I was seeing 12.6-1 A/F ratios IIRC). The Revo car was running a 11.3-1 A/F ratio IIRC on the dyno. Also I noticed that all three runs were right on each other. You could basically overlay each graph on the other perfectly. I did not see that with the DSG car at his stage I dyno day. I did see that with my car when I did stage I dyno.

I have driven the car. Pulls very well. I still see the dang hangup in 1-2 shift with the DSG though, so it's seen in this tune too. My run- the DSG held 1st gear at 7K for a good half second before it shifted into second.

The dyno was legit. NO pulley was added to this car as some have questioned from hearing and reading some stuff. 93 octane pump gas was also used I believe. I could care less about the "optimistic dyno" comments I read on this forum, audiworld, audirevolution.net.... from these dyno runs and the other ones that were done with stock, tuned, and APR stage II cars. I am not really looking at peak numbers but deltas between runs and also after having compiled a good database with several B8 S4s in different configurations having run on No Limit's Dyno... a pretty good comparison basis. Granted temp comes into play but still.... It is plenty of interesting info to have with over 8 different mod situations compiled. We will continue to use this "optimistic" dyno to keep the excellent comparison compilation going.

The runs today were also legit. We will keep Englishtown as the strip of choice, at least for the guys that are interested in running the quarter.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm (personally) waiting for more results...

Don't get me wrong, I love competition and it really is a good time to be in the platform - just that APR's method is VERY well documented on how they came up to the tune and pulley - APR's race car and the owner's car being test mules - and the pulley ran for a year on their end as part of testing.

The new offerings are quite a bit more vague and quite sparse detail wise (we had an optimus prime video and a low res picture of gains prior to release and a "speed limiter test" video so far - not intended as a "slam" against any company btw). Either the community is so much used to APR's ways or the other's just aren't as detailed. So I just want to see more 1/4 miles, dynos, logs over the next few months (especially when the weather warms up - it's nice and cool and we're driving FI powered cars that become quite a bit zippier/happier).

Last edited by PsYkHoTiK; 12-07-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK
I'm (personally) waiting for more results...

Don't get me wrong, I love competition and it really is a good time to be in the platform - just that APR's method is VERY well documented on how they came up to the tune and pulley - APR's race car and the owner's car being test mules - and the pulley ran for a year on their end as part of testing.

The new offerings are quite a bit more vague and quite sparse detail wise (we had an optimus prime video and a low res picture of gains prior to release and a "speed limiter test" video so far - not intended as a "slam" against any company btw). Either the community is so much used to APR's ways or the other's just aren't as detailed. So I just want to see more 1/4 miles, dynos, logs over the next few months (especially when the weather warms up - it's nice and cool and we're driving FI powered cars that become quite a bit zippier/happier).
Hate'n again, tsk tsk tsk. I'm surprised there aren't any stasis jabs in your comment.

Quick Reply: Available NOW - Revo Technik Software