S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi website S4 price changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S4-NH
Yeah, that chaps my *** quite a bit. I just shelled out an uneccesary $1500.

I have just left my audi dealer a message - we'll see what comes out of it.
I feel for any of you guys that got screwed on this one. As for anyone that has a car on order there should be no worries. The transaction does not officially take place until you pick up the car. That is why if lease rates improve when you pick car up you get that rate and conversely if they go up you are protected with locked rate.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 997C2S
I feel for any of you guys that got screwed on this one. As for anyone that has a car on order there should be no worries. The transaction does not officially take place until you pick up the car. That is why if lease rates improve when you pick car up you get that rate and conversely if they go up you are protected with locked rate.
What is this "special pricing" (if real) ends before cars arrive for some people that are awaiting the order?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AvantB8
What is this "special pricing" (if real) ends before cars arrive for some people that are awaiting the order?
My sales guy told me that he couldn't tell me exactly until he gets the car with the invoice to know if those changes would apply to my car on order. :-/
Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by okwiater
Strange. That would be pretty rotten for those people that paid $1k too much for leather or drive select.
cough....or both....
Old 11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by L0U
cough....or both....
Like me. Pretty angry right now and this really deflates my 7 whole days of excitement. Un-friggin-believable. Nothing like getting completely robbed of 2,000 bucks. As of right now this is my last Audi ever.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As of now these price changes haven't been confirmed, and may simply be an Audi website error (which are not uncommon). Frankly, I find it hard to believe that a $1000 leather option is now no-charge. Seems more like a mix-up to me.

Last edited by Hobbes; 11-08-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris
My sales guy told me that he couldn't tell me exactly until he gets the car with the invoice to know if those changes would apply to my car on order. :-/
My sales guy said that they "go off of MSRP" - (at the time of sale, I assume) - so with either an increase or decrease I pay based on MSRP at the time. He also said he's never seen a price increase mid-model year.

I certainly hope it isn't a typo. on the AOA web site.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Nothing like getting completely robbed of 2,000 bucks. As of right now this is my last Audi ever.
Indeed, it's nothing like getting completely robbed of 2,000 bucks. You (and I) agreed on the price, and were happy with it. Then they cut the price.

Getting robbed would be agreeing on a price, signing a contract for such, and then having the car arrive and the dealer demand an extra $2,000 over what you agreed on.

You never buy anything that might have its price cut later? So I assume you'll never buy any car, considering how all the 2009 models still on dealer lots are being discounted right now. (And it goes without saying that you would never buy an iPhone.)

That said, I'm certainly going to try to get the $2,000 if this is real, since I haven't taken delivery yet.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Thacker
Indeed, it's nothing like getting completely robbed of 2,000 bucks. You (and I) agreed on the price, and were happy with it. Then they cut the price.

Getting robbed would be agreeing on a price, signing a contract for such, and then having the car arrive and the dealer demand an extra $2,000 over what you agreed on.

You never buy anything that might have its price cut later? So I assume you'll never buy any car, considering how all the 2009 models still on dealer lots are being discounted right now. (And it goes without saying that you would never buy an iPhone.)

That said, I'm certainly going to try to get the $2,000 if this is real, since I haven't taken delivery yet.
As I will as well... but the freaking out over it is a bit much. Keep your head, don't act like you were robbed (you weren't) and the dealership just may respond favorably. Remember, they don't make the pricing decisions for AOA.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by John Thacker

I agree. I would be frustrated if I bought something and it went down in price after I purchased it. But what's a reasonable amount of time. One week, I'd be upset. But the 2010s are going to be cheaper as the 2011s are rolling in next year. So when would it be okay for Audi to change the prices? There's always going to be some one who buys their car the day before the price drops. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

I would imagine that I'd never own a T.V., computer, car, stereo, etc. if I refused to buy things that that could/would go down in price.

Quick Reply: Audi website S4 price changes