S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Delivery of S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Delivery of S4

I just received a email from my dealer saying that my 2014 s4 has been "picked up for production".

Does anyone know how long it will take from then to get it delivered to the dealer? or a rough estimate?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Mine took about 3 months
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hiyo528
I just received a email from my dealer saying that my 2014 s4 has been "picked up for production".

Does anyone know how long it will take from then to get it delivered to the dealer? or a rough estimate?

Thanks
Mine was ordered from the dealer on January 26th and I took delivery on April 22nd...a couple days over 12 weeks in total. Looking back at the order tracking info, the car was "Released for Production" on February 21st.

So, looking at the calendar, it took a little over 8 weeks to build the car, ship it, clear customs and inland freight to the dealer. The arrival port was Davisville, Rhode Island and then the car had to make it to Michigan.

If you are on the West Coast, I've read it can add 3 weeks or more to the above referenced times due to the longer ocean freight length.

Best advise...keep getting updates from the dealer. Once the car is built, an estimated arrival week at your dealer will be made.

If you run a search for "Audi order tracking" there are a number of good threads detailing the process. You can figure out which ship your car is on and track the progress.

From experience, I know it's really hard to remain patient waiting for your new S4.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GRMick
Mine was ordered from the dealer on January 26th and I took delivery on April 22nd...a couple days over 12 weeks in total. Looking back at the order tracking info, the car was "Released for Production" on February 21st.

So, looking at the calendar, it took a little over 8 weeks to build the car, ship it, clear customs and inland freight to the dealer. The arrival port was Davisville, Rhode Island and then the car had to make it to Michigan.

If you are on the West Coast, I've read it can add 3 weeks or more to the above referenced times due to the longer ocean freight length.

Best advise...keep getting updates from the dealer. Once the car is built, an estimated arrival week at your dealer will be made.

If you run a search for "Audi order tracking" there are a number of good threads detailing the process. You can figure out which ship your car is on and track the progress.

From experience, I know it's really hard to remain patient waiting for your new S4.

Yeah i am excited but thanks for the information!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer told me there is a "production date" in the system of Oct 23. He looked at another order that delivered and based on that he thinks this means the car should be built by end of Oct and then about 3 weeks to get to dealer. Your thread states "released for production" on a certain date and you didn't get it delivered until 2 months later. I really hope "production date" and "released for production" don't mean the same thing! Otherwise I will have to slap on winter tires as soon as I receive the damn thing!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paTTsfan
My dealer told me there is a "production date" in the system of Oct 23. He looked at another order that delivered and based on that he thinks this means the car should be built by end of Oct and then about 3 weeks to get to dealer. Your thread states "released for production" on a certain date and you didn't get it delivered until 2 months later. I really hope "production date" and "released for production" don't mean the same thing! Otherwise I will have to slap on winter tires as soon as I receive the damn thing!
Production date and Released for Production are indeed two very different things.

Mine was released for production on February 21, 2013 and the "actual production week" was the week of March 25th. The next step for mine was then "factory inspected" on March 28 which I believe means the car cleared the assembly line and quality control line and was approved for shipping.

It then took from March 28th until April 22nd to ship the car and for the dealer to deliver it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I feel much better now. Maybe I'm being paranoid but should I ask my dealer to ensure that the folks in Germany have the exact specs with which I ordered the car so that I don't get any surprises when it's finally delivered?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paTTsfan
Thanks. I feel much better now. Maybe I'm being paranoid but should I ask my dealer to ensure that the folks in Germany have the exact specs with which I ordered the car so that I don't get any surprises when it's finally delivered?
Probably a good idea. Just to make sure nothing was missed.

At my request, my salesman scanned and emailed the Audi order sheet which includes an update where the car is in the production process. He updated me every couple of weeks.

Included on this sheet were all the options as well as my color choice. When I got the first update, I verified the order had all of the options I wanted and had the right exterior and interior colors.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great, thanks. I will ask my salesman for the same thing.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Building the car is pretty quick once it's released for production, about 2-3 weeks, mine took almost 3 weeks. The longest part is the shipping part which you can track once you know which ship it's on.