S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ASP Tune for b8 s4

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rktskicar
Stereodude-

I am an engineer and have been playing this dyno game for many years. I understand it completely. I only said it was intereseting, as most stock B8 S4s around 290 WHP on Mustang dyno.

Bruce
The important thing is not the actual number, but the delta on the same dyno, same conditions. If you do a pull or two, get a 260whp, and then drop tune in and get a followup dyno an hour later on the same dyno, same gas, same IAT, same tires, then you pull out a 335whp, thats a good 22% gain. If you go to another dyno and drop a 290, and then get the tune in place and run again same conditions an hour later and drop a 340, thats only a 15% gain. I care about the percent gain on the same dyno, same conditions. Raw numbers don't mean squat unless a few cars dyno back to back to back same dyno, same gas, same IAT, same conditions, and all varialbles like tire compound and mods are well understood.

I am never one to compare my numbers on a dyno to others on a different dyno. I am far more concerned with my own improvement percentage wise.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I typically run road logs. I don't give a crap about what my car does on a dyno, only what it does on the road. here is an example from my last B5 S4. I use the same exact section of the road each time.

Bruce

Originally Posted by Mickf29
The important thing is not the actual number, but the delta on the same dyno, same conditions. If you do a pull or two, get a 260whp, and then drop tune in and get a followup dyno an hour later on the same dyno, same gas, same IAT, same tires, then you pull out a 335whp, thats a good 22% gain. If you go to another dyno and drop a 290, and then get the tune in place and run again same conditions an hour later and drop a 340, thats only a 15% gain. I care about the percent gain on the same dyno, same conditions. Raw numbers don't mean squat unless a few cars dyno back to back to back same dyno, same gas, same IAT, same conditions, and all varialbles like tire compound and mods are well understood.

I am never one to compare my numbers on a dyno to others on a different dyno. I am far more concerned with my own improvement percentage wise.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't understand. How did your car not blow up from the ASP tune?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Stereodude
I don't understand. How did your car not blow up from the ASP tune?
ask Saki. he knows all (in his head)

Bruce
Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ESFO
I actually agree with much of what you just wrote. The problem comes in when you single out a tuner as if no one else has any bad marks on their resume. Why don't you bash JHM? Because you've had great experiences with them? That and the fact that when we like someone, or we're their fan, we tend to close our eyes a bit to the complaints others lodge against them because 'that's not my experience'. But, again, does your rolodex contain all of the negative press for JHM? I ask that only to make a point. I have a very high regard for JHM despite the complaints from some, very much like I have a high regard for Mark at ASP.
There are quite a few dissatisfied JHM customers, with Mick, being the latest. Here are some of the issues Mick has encountered, along with documented experiences of other JHM customers who have had similar experiences.

A shifter that gave my installer fits trying to put in and now one that won't stay adjusted.

A flywheel that came with zero instructions on installation as the bore was undersized, resulted in amassive argument between JHM and my installer.

A tune that has had its share of issues for me and is still not what I want on the car.

A clutch that is now failing after 11k miles

Aftermarket hoses they made that failed.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

so I go on vacation and still nobody has addressed anything from the first page, other than bashing me and inexplicably, JHM?

Speaking of dynos not all reading alike, turns out not all scales read alike either, since mick thinks he weighs 209 lol.

Also nice to see bananaS4 show up a.k.a. ngng a.k.a. jonathan ng who was banned from MULTIPLE forums for STEALING from members. Awesome character reference there for Mick.

If I get banned for calling out an advertiser's failures who is protected by a forum moderator/admin, or calling out an e-thug like mickf290, I can live with that. That's not a site I want to be a part of frankly if the truth is buried in the name of $$$ or buddies protecting one another.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - I still think bpp needs to stand up and admit to his relationship with ASP and whether or not he was compensated financially (via a sweetheart deal) for their using his car. He's raving about this product on multiple forums, and most users would like to know whether or not that perfervid endorsement is an actual impartial paying customer, or if it's someone who is buddies with the tuner who is paying nothing like the rest of the market will.

Last edited by sakimano; 07-10-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Sure went quiet around here

Anyone notice that

1 asp makes 40 whp more on 93 than 91 ? Impossible)
2 asp makes 42.5% gains on just a 93 tune? Impossible. If the S4 makes 333 crank HP stock...that means their stage one 93 tune us making about 475 crank HP lol

Awesome

Anyone get any answers out of asp or their sales team who started these promotion threads?
Anyone ask them why they are using the 91 stock dyno to compare to the 93 tune?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems to me that their displayed 260 whp stock numbers are just extrapolated from 333 audi-advertised hp - around 20% drivetrain loss. Of course, the stock b8 makes more power than that so maybe they just did this to make their gains more impressive.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't start it, but I can say with pretty much certainty that I am one of only 4 people who have ridden in a B8 S4 with a ASP tune at the time this thread had originated. Those 4 people would be : bpp, myself , Mark and his father Caesar. BTW, I have no self serving purpose other than to try to provide the info I have to those who might have interest. Mark pretty much figured that anything posted would start a $hitstorm from other tuners and their disciples. He was right.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its the Haki Sack Attack. Things went south when the S4 got cheaper and faster in one year. BOO to the B8.

Quick Reply: ASP Tune for b8 s4