S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

APR Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Intake

Hey guys i just purchased a 2012 titanium S4. I am coming from a 2010 s5. My username got messed up somehow so I had to make a new one over here, not very active in posting but always come here to read these threads as you guys are a huge help. So my question is I am just about ready to pull the tirgger on a Carbonio Intake but I can not find any info on how much louder it makes the sc. I wanted to go stage I &II but I dont want the car to sound like a blender is flying down the street! I know a lot of guys love the sc noise but I just would rather prefer a deep rumble from the exhaust. (I know I am spoiled bc my s5 sounded amazing stock) So any input would be great.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Malakas86
Hey guys i just purchased a 2012 titanium S4. I am coming from a 2010 s5. My username got messed up somehow so I had to make a new one over here, not very active in posting but always come here to read these threads as you guys are a huge help. So my question is I am just about ready to pull the tirgger on a Carbonio Intake but I can not find any info on how much louder it makes the sc. I wanted to go stage I &II but I dont want the car to sound like a blender is flying down the street! I know a lot of guys love the sc noise but I just would rather prefer a deep rumble from the exhaust. (I know I am spoiled bc my s5 sounded amazing stock) So any input would be great.
It is noticeable during acceleration but not intrusive. It sounds awesome when you really get on it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
It is noticeable during acceleration but not intrusive. It sounds awesome when you really get on it.
+1
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Great to hear I was getting nervous! I watched a you tube video and it said it was an APR but it was so loud it sounded like a strat... I am going to put my order in tonight 10% off and free shipping!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Malakas86
Great to hear I was getting nervous! I watched a you tube video and it said it was an APR but it was so loud it sounded like a strat... I am going to put my order in tonight 10% off and free shipping!
Hey Malakas86,

Just wondering where you ordered this from, and if you have any links you have been using to the specific product?

I am in the market for one myself.

Thanks in advance!

dg6464
Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I took a look on the APR Website... I assume you are talking about:

http://www.goapr.com/products/intake...io_30tfsi.html

Did you order both Stage I and Stage II?
I tried directly from goapr.com, but apparently they cannot ship to my location...

Wondering also if I am able to install this as a first upgrade to my 2012 S4 with both the Stage I and Stage II included, or if something additional required before moving to Stage II (or if it's dangerous to the engine in any way).

Let me know how the installation goes - looking to do it myself (hopefully) .

Thanks!

dg6464
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

2-Stage APR intake:

From the cockpit:
Barely noticealble in the cabin with windows and sunroof closed. Definitely noticeable with sunroof and/or windows open.

From the outside: DEFINITELY noticeable if the car is approaching you at WOT. Much less so at hyper-miler-douchebag acceleration speeds. Unnoticeable if the car is ***-end to you at WOT.

Pretty much as advertised...
Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

See that is what I was worried about..I dont want to to turn heads because of the whine! Like I said I am coming from the s5 that people would pull up to me just to tell me how great the car sounded, I would not be happy with a car that dre attention for the wrong reason! I wonder if just STAGE I, keeping the stock back pipe with the resonators would reduce that at WOT, and with the windows open. I know the backpipe looks smoother for the air flowing in but does it make that BIG of a diffrenece. Here is the link for the website http://shop.achtuning.com/engine-upg...udi-b8-s4.aspx.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

It draws attention for the RIGHT reason
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try milltek exhaust (non-res) Check it on youtube!

Quick Reply: APR Intake