S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Anybody put a clear bra on a Ibis car yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick71692
. No yellowing, just dirt build up along the edges that is hard to get rid of
"hard" or "impossible"? That's why I want to do full hood andfront quarter panels ( along with behind rear wheels and on rear end) if I can afford it.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by koobah
holy sh*! you got ripped off. I was quoted $700 for full front ventureshield plus tinted windows.
That's good if you found somewhere in Canada that is reputable to do what I got for CAN$700 including tint. I can say I shopped around a lot and this was by far the best deal I could get!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
"hard" or "impossible"? That's why I want to do full hood andfront quarter panels ( along with behind rear wheels and on rear end) if I can afford it.
Limited time for me so far, but I would say hard. Based on a prior car with clearbra I can say that one thing that helps is wiping towards the edges.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you get a good installer you'll be fine.
I did full front and it's barely noticable to a point where it doesn't interfere in anyway with the apearence of the car.

Just read the warrenty when you get it cuz i didnt... and i paid for it.

The hood got hit by a huge bird poop, and wanting to take a good care of the ppf, I used a bug tar product to clean it.

after I finished, I noticed a huge yellow stain (diameter of 6-7 inches) that just won't go away. I found out that it clearly states on the warranty to not use any bug tar product.

It can only be seen at the right angle and the right amount of light, and if I never told anyone I bet no one would notice it (I know it's there, but it is so blurry that sometimes I question if it's really there). So, I'm just trying to keep myself from crying by telling myself that it is only the ppf that got stained, not the paint itself.

hmm, I have a question of my own now.
Should I just leave it like that?
or do a re-install (won't be covered by warranty and will cost me)?
If I just leave it, will it somehow damage the paint?

Sorry for a possible hi-jack, maybe I should just start a new thread
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomzoom8
That's good if you found somewhere in Canada that is reputable to do what I got for CAN$700 including tint. I can say I shopped around a lot and this was by far the best deal I could get!
makes more sense now, didn't realize you were in Canada
Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Has anyone else put the PPF on Ibis?

Are there any Ibis white Audi pictures with the full hood and full fenders in Venture Shield?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was thinking to install the clear bra too. I prefer Venture Shield but it is very hard to find the installer around Phoenix.

Where do you all find the Venture Shield installer? I have checked 3M website but only found one dealer around.

Thank you.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

hmm, I have mine installed with ventureshield (full front), but do not own a camera... I know... crazy!

Although I'm not in Pheonix, I searched mine from google.

You really should research alot on forums and such, because some of the installers are nightmares.

I have researched and found who I believed to be the best installer. I'm 85percent happy with the install...or 75?

The reason being that although nearly undetectable, it does trap some dirt and is hard/impossible to get it out. I am taking my car to the installer this Sat (I had it installed the day I got the car, which is about 4 weeks ago) to let him cut out the parts where the dirt gets trapped.

But all in all, it does make me feel invincible!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Un1k, you did full front fenders & hood?

Are edges on the front bumper area, the issue?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
Are edges on the front bumper area, the issue?
I'm at school right now, but I'll check when I get to the car.

But from what I can remember, the problem occured mostly on the fender area right behind the wheels. Some black splashes which leave stains if left for too long(****!) are trapped under the paint protection, partially (or entirely) because it was too close to the edge of the car. So i will ask my installer to cut that part out so it won't be an issue anymore.

my other problem was somewhere around the bumper. Same story with the fender, just too close to the edge ( maybe it sticks out just a little bit).

As for the hood, I think I remember some dirt getting trapped but I think I got it out.. I think.. (I remember every little 'heart-breaking' stuff that happens to my car, so if I don't remember it, it was not an issue)

some potential problem for anyone with ventureshield could be that there are some imperfections. I have an imperfect spot on my headlight (having the installer look at this as well), it bothers me only when I wash it, but it still bothers me. It is hard to explain how it looks.

I really should get a camera to help out some of the members, and to just post pics of my car.

Quick Reply: Anybody put a clear bra on a Ibis car yet?