S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Any real life Brown/Black interior pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Any real life Brown/Black interior pictures?

I've seen several threads with interior shots of the Magma red/black Nappa leather, but I have yet to see real life pictures of the brown/black two-tone interior. Post some pics if you have one in this interior. How do you think this interior goes with the wood trim? The interior shots of the gray birch wood trim on the Audi USA website shows the wood to be pure gray in color but some of the AW member photos show it to be decidedly brown, almost like burled walnut. I'm wondering if the brown/black with gray wood would be too many colors (silver dash surround, brown and black seats and door panels, gray wood trim).

Last edited by Bada Bing; 01-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd also like to see as i need to finalize my order in the next couple weeks. Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fabolous
i'd also like to see as i need to finalize my order in the next couple weeks. Thanks in advance

I have this interior, I absolutely love it so much. I also love that it's very, very rare. Almost nobody has it. I've tried twice to take pictures of it but they come out like absolutely crap.

I don't have an SLR, only a pocket crapola camera and, like most pix on here taken with those cameras, the color's come out totally wrong. The black looks grey and the brown looks like puke orange... I've tried messing with the settings/no flash/different scenes. They all look terrible.

Until I get a quality photo, I can't really help. I hope to get a 'real' camera someday soon but photography just doesn't motivate me to drop a grand on an SLR. Maybe I can borrow one.

FYI, this is the only two tone I considered. The other two, the magma and the silver, are too "screamy" for me (no offense, they are very nice, just not my cup of tea), and I wanted something that would not be "cliche" after two years. The more modest and classy black/brown I know will age gracefully with the car and still look badass.

My wife took a look at it upon bringing it home and said "Oh, that's so nice!" I knew I made the right decision.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I wanted this interior so bad but was not available with my exterior color selection dammit!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hbcucat
I wanted this interior so bad but was not available with my exterior color selection dammit!
Does this make sense to anyone? What was Audi thinking? What does an exterior color have to do with the interior color? I'm pretty sure it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

- Jeremy -
Old 01-28-2010, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by - jeremy -
Does this make sense to anyone? What was Audi thinking? What does an exterior color have to do with the interior color? I'm pretty sure it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

- Jeremy -

It was incredibly infuriating. That and the inane packages which included/excluded items in a completely random way.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by - jeremy -

- Jeremy -
I think the reasoning is to avoid the dealer getting stuck with a nasty combination if the person ordering the car decides to back out and cancel his/her order. I agree that there should be more choices than what Audi currently allows. For example, if you are getting Ibis white, you should be able to get brown/black as well as the red/black interior. They should only eliminate choices where there is an obvious clash (e.g. Brilliant red exterior with brown/black interior).
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I think the reasoning is to avoid the dealer getting stuck with a nasty combination if the person ordering the car decides to back out and cancel his/her order. I agree that there should be more choices than what Audi currently allows. For example, if you are getting Ibis white, you should be able to get brown/black as well as the red/black interior. They should only eliminate choices where there is an obvious clash (e.g. Brilliant red exterior with brown/black interior).
Or maybe imola yellow exterior with red interior
Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I've seen several threads with interior shots of the Magma red/black Nappa leather, but I have yet to see real life pictures of the brown/black two-tone interior. Post some pics if you have one in this interior. How do you think this interior goes with the wood trim? The interior shots of the gray birch wood trim on the Audi USA website shows the wood to be pure gray in color but some of the AW member photos show it to be decidedly brown, almost like burled walnut.
The wood is decidedly brown, not gray like in the picture. The brown leather is not as reddish as some pictures show, either, it's brown. Pictures, especially on the Internet, don't always have good color fidelity. (And your monitor can be set all sorts of ways.)

I have Sprint blue with brown Nappa and the wood. I love the color, both inside and out, and have gotten many positive comments on it.

It seems to be a rare choice for dealer-ordered models, but to be fairly popular on the forums.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer said 'don't get sprint blue or yellow cause you'll lose at least $2000 in resale'. I can understand that for yellow. But the sprint blue looks good in pictures (never seen one in person).

Quick Reply: Any real life Brown/Black interior pictures?