S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alu Kreuz Billet Aluminum Drivetrain Stabilizer is it really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urojohn
Had mine installed at the Driver's Image in Skokie. Cost $60. Greg is the man there, he does a lot of custom work, also had them install the Miltek exhaust for me $120. Did a fine job on both.
Thank you - that is great information. I would happily drive a few miles to a place that does a great job with aftermarket work.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Where have you folks gone to get this installed? I live in the Chicago burbs...if not at a dealer, I am not sure where to get this done.
I had mine installed at Driver's Image in Skokie. http://www.yelp.com/biz/drivers-image-the-skokie
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BartJanssen
Can I buy this in Europe? It seems I can only buy it in the States ? :s
You probably can buy in europe .Where are you ?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Belgium... I would like to test this item on the Nurburging.
Tnx!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Tnx!
I would too...but I live in Illinois.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Tnx!
Je t'envois un PM
Old 12-24-2011, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Does anyone know a lot about the double wishbone suspension? I was talking to the sales associate at my Porsche/Audi dealer at length. He mentioned there's an extra linkage, like a 2nd control arm, that is not typical in most double wishbone setups. The two control arms of different length give the wheel a very specific range of motion, whereby no matter what the steering angle is the wheels will be almost exactly parallel. This is not typical in most suspension setups (the inside wheel is allowed to toe in slightly when the other is turning).

I'm wondering how the Alu Kreuz affects this geometry. The factory subframe braces may be setup (loosely) to allow flex and enable the parallelization of the wheels. Or the loose braces may reduce bump steer, increasing control of the car over uneven surfaces.

I think Alu Kreuz is useful for some applications but I'm trying to figure out what they are. Perhaps it's a flat surface on a racetrack. Perhaps it's something else entirely.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westwest888
Does anyone know a lot about the double wishbone suspension? I was talking to the sales associate at my Porsche/Audi dealer at length. He mentioned there's an extra linkage, like a 2nd control arm, that is not typical in most double wishbone setups. The two control arms of different length give the wheel a very specific range of motion, whereby no matter what the steering angle is the wheels will be almost exactly parallel. This is not typical in most suspension setups (the inside wheel is allowed to toe in slightly when the other is turning).

I'm wondering how the Alu Kreuz affects this geometry. The factory subframe braces may be setup (loosely) to allow flex and enable the parallelization of the wheels. Or the loose braces may reduce bump steer, increasing control of the car over uneven surfaces.

I think Alu Kreuz is useful for some applications but I'm trying to figure out what they are. Perhaps it's a flat surface on a racetrack. Perhaps it's something else entirely.
I've found it at its best over uneven surfaces. In short, it allows the suspension to better do its job of keeping the wheels on the ground during torsional flex situations and significantly reduces deflection in the steering before inputs are transmitted. It doesn't really affect the suspension at all per se, just allows it to function more as a function of the springs and dampers and less as a function of the deflection rate of the subframe and transmits more feedback through the wheel both ways.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM
sor
AudiWorld Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Sold by eco-detuning (ecodetuning.com)? They specialize in detuning for gas milage? :-)
Old 12-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
Je t'envois un PM
Merci ! Je l'ai vu! Il est deja arrive ton drivetrain stabilizer? Ca coutait combien au total?

Thanks for sharing the info!